Pennsylvania Resort and Folds of Honor Expand Their Five-Year Partnership by Establishing East Coast Destination Partnership and Military Appreciation Weekend
(Hawley, PA) – In front of a standing-room-only crowd, John Pillar, PGA Director of Golf Operations at Woodloch Springs, announced the birth of a new destination partnership bringing closer together Woodloch Resort, an award-winning family resort in the Pocono Mountains, and Folds of Honor, a nonprofit organization which provides educational scholarships to families of military men and women who have fallen or been disabled while on active duty. Woodloch’s 6th Annual Folds of Honor Golf Classic culminated in a celebration of more than 200 attendees eager to rejoice in the fact that over $50,000 was raised for this year’s event, creating scholarships and changing the lives of 10 families.
“We want to serve as a reprieve, as temporary as it may be, for families who have given the ultimate sacrifice by allowing them a little relaxation or just a distraction. Woodloch fosters an environment for families to reconnect and have a lot of fun doing so,” remarked Pillar. “This is why Woodloch and Folds of Honor are a perfect team. The core purpose of both is to bring families closer together.”
As the destination partner for Folds of Honor, Woodloch Resort will host its inaugural military appreciation weekend, November 2 – 4, 2018, which will cap off with a fundraiser cocktail party and dinner that Sunday evening. A portion of Woodloch’s overall earned revenue from Folds of Honor Weekend will further support the foundation and its efforts. At the heart of the cooperative, Woodloch will host at least half a dozen military families throughout the year serving as a respite as they strive for reconnection and normalcy.
“We want our families to be strengthened in many ways, even beyond the scholarships. Woodloch provides a new outlet for us to have them come together and take an important step forward, which may otherwise be a challenge given their sacrifice,” described Maj. Dan Rooney, founder of Folds of Honor.
During Folds of Honor Weekend, guests can look forward to:
- Family Friendly Boot Camp Olympics which will pit teams of families and friends of all abilities in various head to head challenges, along with the encouragement of several Navy SEAL Team Members.
- Military-Themed Baking Wars, a team versus team event that has “bakeries” competing in both resource management and creativity all under time constraints.
- Woodloch’s Broadway-style Theme Show, featuring an entertaining musical revue, elaborate costumes and professional choreography, will pay special tribute to veterans and active military.
- Haunted Hayrides, one of Woodloch’s premier attractions in the fall, will be available for their final run of the year. The immersive experience is comprised of over a dozen interactive frightening scenes.
- Some of the family resort's most popular amenities including a zip-line and climbing wall, go-karts, bumper cars, game shows and trivia, and the Indoor Pool Complex complete with slide and Splash Zone
To obtain more information about the tournament or to register, visit: https://www.woodloch.com/folds-weekend/. To learn more about The Folds of Honor Foundation, visit www.FoldsofHonor.org.