Sunday, July 29, 2018

Product Review: BGT Stability Shaft

The BGT Stability Shaft features four-part construction
A funny thing happened while I was testing the new Stability Shaft from Breakthrough Golf Technology … my putting improved. Was it the recipe or the chef? I don’t know, I try not to ask many questions once putts start to drop.

There are currently 25 putters in my golf room. The oldest one is probably 30 years old, while the newest arrived this season. With the exception of length, all the shafts are the same. That’s three decades of zero innovation. Until now.

Look at your putter. I’m guessing it has a single, steel, tapered shaft … just like every putter I own. Upon first glance, you’ll immediately see the difference in the BGT Stability Shaft, which boasts a multi-material design. According to the company, there are four parts of the Stability Shaft that help improve putting:
- Eight layers of high modulus carbon fiber specifically layered, wrapped and widened, with a no‑taper design to greatly reduce torque;
- Through finite element analysis a light‑weight, 22‑gram aluminum insert was developed and precisely located to reinforce flexural rigidity;
BGT stands out in a crowd
- A 7075 aluminum connector helps to reinforce. This versatility allows attachment to any tip diameter of any putter, regardless of the bend profile; and
- The stainless steel tips have extremely consistent wall thicknesses and are coated with a smoke PVD finish to add further protection from corrosion and rusting.

This technology helps square the face at impact and delivers a lower launch, which improves distance control and provides a more predictable roll.

Putting can be an extremely infuriating part of a very frustrating game. You have to read the green accurately, start the ball on the right line and give it the correct amount of speed. The Stability Shaft can help with two of those three needs.

Look, I’m just a guy with a golf blog. I’m not a robot in a lab. That said, I took 100 putts each with my gamer (standard shaft) and a putter with the Stability Shaft and played to four different holes. When the smoke settled, I had made the same amount of putts with each putter. The difference was with my misses. More of my BGT putts stopped within 18 inches of the hole, while more of my gamer putts missed by 3+ feet.

The Stability Shaft costs $199.99 and you choose between grips - Superstroke Slim 3.0 or Mid-Slim 2.0 for $24.99 or Tour Tradition for $14.99. The installation is free.

How to get a Stability Shaft Installed
- Visit a Club Champion (more than 30 locations around the country) to be fit;
- Visit a True Spec Golf location;
- Send your putter into BGT and they will re-shaft for you (https://breakthroughgolftech.com/product/stability-shaft-with-free-install/); or
- Contact BGT via phone (888-211-6770) or e-mail (info@bgolftech.com).

For more information, visit breakthroughgolftech.com.

No comments: