Fowler Adapted to the Conditions in PUMA’s New Footwear During His Victory at Waste Management Phoenix Open; Now All Golfers Can Experience the Same Comfort & Performance
(CARLSBAD, Calif.) – PUMA Golf’s IGNITE PROADAPT footwear delivers Tour-proven stability, unparalleled traction and extreme comfort, in a superior, sophisticated package, designed with the world’s best golfers in mind. The PROADAPT shoe’s outsole utilizes Dual-Durometer Tornado Cleats which deliver excellent traction, along with torsional stability provided from the full length PROADAPT TPU outsole. The shoe also features a stable, full-grain leather upper design, preferred by PGA Tour professional Rickie Fowler. Fowler debuted PROADAPT earlier this season and relied on them during his recent victory at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
“During the footwear design and creation process, we work with our Tour team, utilizing their feedback to deliver shoes that reflect the feel and performance desired by the best golfers in the world,” said Andrew Lawson, Footwear Product Line Manager at PUMA Golf. “Rickie was involved from the earliest stages of design, expressing his desire for an upper that provides a ton of support with premium styling. Better players will love these shoes as they offer comfort, maximum stability, ground traction and motion control through your golf swing.”
The IGNITE PROADAPT footwear comes equipped with a one-year waterproof warranty and utilize key PUMA technologies including:
· Pro-Fit Insole – This ultra-soft, yet supportive PU insole provides excellent fit, performance and long-lasting comfort on the course.
· Adaptive Fit System – Dual-layer, decoupled collar construction utilizes premium full-grain leather materials and a molded comfort collar to provide the comfort of a running shoe, but the look of a high-end leather shoe.
· Atlantis Leather Upper – Ultra-premium, full-grain leather upper delivers soft feel, enhanced quality and sophisticated look.
· IGNITE Foam – Revolutionary and proprietary PU foam provides ideal energy return, responsive comfort, stable cushioning and superior step-in comfort eliminating typical new footwear “break-in period.”
· Pro-Form TPU – Premium TPU Outsole compound delivers high performance, grip and abrasion resistance on all surfaces.
· Tornado Cleat – a dual talon, low-profile cleat provides excellent traction and long-lasting abrasion resistance, and is easy to change out using the Fast Twist 3.0 system.
The PROADAPTs are available in three eye-catching colorways (White/Gray Violet, Black/Dark Shadow and Gray Violet/White) and feature a retail price of $200. In addition to the core PROADAPT collection, PUMA Golf will introduce several limited edition PROADAPT shoes throughout the year. Keep an eye out for the first two at the 2019 Arnold Palmer Invitational and PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP, respectively.
The PUMA IGNITE PROADAPT’s are available now for pre-sale on PUMGAGOLF.com and at select retailers. They will hit stores on March 13, 2019.