Golf’s most exciting magazine chooses the best of the Sunshine State, where there are 1,000 courses and dozens of great resorts
(Hilton Head Island, S.C.) - As the PGA Tour begins its annual “Florida Swing,” LINKS Magazine—the freshest and most exciting magazine in golf—has named the Top 10 Golf Resorts in the Sunshine State.
LINKS website as of Feb. 28 —covers Florida from top to bottom. And there is a great deal to cover.
As the editors wrote, “With well over 1,000 courses stitched across its peninsula, Florida, the most golf-centric state in the nation, offers a diverse array of resort venues, from surprisingly hilly layouts to flatter tracks convenient to white sandy beaches on both coasts.”
The Top 10, in alphabetical order, are:
* Bay Hill Club & Lodge, Orlando
* Hammock Beach Resort, Palm Coast
* Innisbrook Golf and Spa Resort, Palm Harbor
* PGA National Resort and Spa, Palm Beach Gardens
* Ponte Vedra Inn and Club, Ponte Vedra Beach
* Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
* Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort and Spa, Ponte Vedra Beach
* Streamsong Resort, Streamsong
* Trump National Doral Miami, Miami
* Villas of Grand Cypress Golf Resort, Orlando
Four of the resorts—Bay Hill, Innisbrook, PGA National, and Trump National Doral—will host the PGA Tour over the next few weeks. Then the world’s best return to the resort closest to the Tour’s home office for the TOUR Championship at Sawgrass in May.
The newest resort on the list, Streamsong, was featured on the cover of the Winter 2014 issue of LINKS Magazine to illustrate a story entitled “The Five Floridas,” which divided the state’s thousands of golf offerings into five distinct geographic regions.
But to make it onto the LINKS list, great golf is not enough. The “best golf getaways offer superb creature comforts as well as a top-shelf, championship-caliber experience” reports the magazine. On the website, each resort is described in detail.