Chad Newton, PGA of Pinewood Country Club to serve as CPGA President; Paige Cribb, PGA of Coastal Carolina makes history as Section’s first female officer
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) – The Carolinas PGA Section announced its new Officers and Board Members on February 17 at the organization’s Annual Meeting at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. CPGA Past President Karl Kimball, PGA swore in new board members who began their two-year term.
The Board will be led by President Chad Newton, Head PGA Professional at Pinewood Country Club in Asheboro, N.C. Other leaders are Vice President John Marino, PGA, Old Chatham Golf Club, and Secretary Paige Cribb, PGA, Coastal Carolina University, who is the first female officer in the organization’s history.
“I am ecstatic about the opportunity to work with my fellow officers and the entire board of directors. We have an extremely talented group of individuals with a diverse background to go along with tons of talent and experience. I look forward to serving the entire membership of the CPGA and addressing all their thoughts, needs or concerns, and that vision is shared with this entire group of outstanding individuals who have proved their willingness to serve,” said Newton.
Newton has been an active member of the Carolinas PGA Section by serving on the Board of Director since 2008. His previous positions include Vice President and Area IV Director. Newton has also represented the CPGA on the National Level since 2012, serving on the National PGA Marketing and Member Benefits Committee and the National PGA Scholarship Committee. He was named the 2013 Carolinas PGA Golf Professional of the Year.
Marino, General Manager of Old Chatham Golf Club in Durham, N.C., has served on the CPGA Board for the past seven years holding the offices of Secretary and Area IX Director. Marino was also on the Board of Directors for the First Tee of the Triangle and chaired the Golf Professional Advisory Board, which assisted the First Tee with gaining exposure in the community.
Cribb, Director of Student Support for the Coastal Carolina University Professional Golf Management Program in Conway, S.C., was serving as the Area VII Director before winning the closely contested election for CPGA Secretary. She makes history with her win by becoming the first woman elected as an officer on the organization’s Board of Directors.
Newton, Marino and Cribb will serve on the CPGA Board of Directors with the following PGA Professionals:
* Larry George, PGA, River Landing Country Club: Tournament Chairman
* Michael Casto, PGA, Fort Jackson Club: Honorary President
* Jay King, PGA, Hendersonville Country Club: Area I Director
* Tom Mason, PGA, Par Tee Golf Center: Area II Director
* Josh Wagaman, PGA, Kiawah Island Golf Resort: Area III Director
* Rocky Brooks, PGA, Sedgefield Country Club: Area IV
* Jens Klemsche, PGA, Highland Country Club: Area V Director
* Marc Lapointe, PGA, Dana Rader Golf School: Area VI Director
* Donald Clement, PGA, The Reserve Club: Area VII Director
* Robert Norton, PGA, The Bald Head Island Club: Area VIII Director
* Bob Brynes, PGA, Hope Valley Country Club: Area IX Director
* Bryan Sullivan, PGA, Kilmarlic Golf Club: Area X Director
* Jeff Nichols, PGA, Carmel Country Club: North Carolinas At-Large Director
* Mike Harmon, PGA, Secession Golf Club: South Carolina At-Large Director
* Rick Murphy, PGA, Rick Murphy Golf Academy: District 10 Director
For more about the Carolinas PGA Section, visit www.Carolinas.PGA.com.