Brand New Line Features Modern Blades, Mallets, Mid and Long Options in a Tour-Validated Black Mist Finish
(Fairhaven, MA) – Trusted by more players on the PGA TOUR since 1997 and counting, Scotty Cameron Fine Milled putters are designed and built with craftsmanship and performance in mind. With his experience and innovative research from the Cameron Putter Studio in California, Scotty Cameron creates modern, yet timeless, putters to satisfy the best players in the world, as well as serious golfers with preferences for the highest quality and performance.
The brand new Scotty Cameron by Titleist Select line of putters is the culmination of Cameron’s Putter Studio research, combined with his desire to design and build the best putters in the world. The new family includes five modern blade models (Newport, Newport 1.5, Newport 2, Notchback, Newport 2.6), two mallets (GoLo, GoLo S), three mid lengths (Newport Two Mid, GoLo Mid, GoLo S Mid), and two long options (Big Sur, Big Sur S).
The new Select putters feature a Deep Milled face that contributes to a softer feel and sound, as well as elegantly refined shapes and a Tour-validated Black Mist finish. All are precision milled from soft, 303 stainless steel, with the exception being the Big Sur models that feature high grade milled aluminum heads.
“My ultimate goal when designing and building a putter is to provide the golfer pure putting confidence,” said Master Putter Craftsman Scotty Cameron. “Whether it is for the best players in the world or golfers who aspire to play their best, the performance and preference options available in the new Cameron Select line are my deepest yet. These putters have all been tour-validated, developed and refined through product and player research conducted at our state-of-the-art Cameron Putter Studio and on practice greens around the world.”
With the Select family, Cameron has taken “visual flow” to a new level. When looking down at the putter in the address position, Cameron has designed the surfaces in the head to flow naturally into the ground. The Select weighting system provides modern balance and stability and every Select putter is outfitted with a stepless steel shaft for a clean, unimpaired visual at address. Select putters can be lie adjusted +/- 2 degrees off the standard 71 degrees and loft adjusted +/- 1 degree from the standard 4 degrees for even greater fine-tuning.
The conventional models - the new Cameron Select Newport, Newport 1.5, Newport 2, Notchback and Newport 2.6 putters - replace the Studio Select line. The head features a rich, dark, glare free Black Mist finish with red dot graphics and red dot weights in the sole, and is covered with a new Cameron Select headcover. The grip is a new Select black with a red dancing Cameron logo. All standard right hand models are available in 33, 34 and 35 inch lengths, as well as 34H and 35H custom heavier weight configurations.
The GoLo Mallets and GoLo Mids replace the Studio Select Kombi Mallet and Kombi Mid lines. The GoLo (single bend shaft) and GoLo S (straight shaft) feature an elegant rounded profile with Select weighting technology. The slightly asymmetric back profile, contained cavity lines and pulled in heel encourage a flowing stroke along the ideal arc. The bottom sole plate with internal rubber ring produces a great sound. Two neck configurations allow the golfer to choose his preferred set up appearance and dynamic feel.
The stock conventional length mallets are available in 33, 34 and 35 inches as well as 34H and 35H custom heavier weight configurations. The Newport Two Mid, GoLo Mid and GoLo S Mid come in a standard length of 43” with custom lengths of 40-46” available.
The Select Big Sur and Big Sur S replace the Studio Select Kombi Long line in the Cameron putter family. Both putters are constructed from aluminum, and feature a stainless steel center sole weight bar and triangulated stainless weights that provide exceptional balance. They each feature a Cameron one-piece black grip, a Tour Black Mist plated finish, cherry dot graphics, cherry dot weights in the sole and a new Select Big Sur headcover. The Big Sur and Big Sur S Long putters are available with a standard length of 49” and a lie angle of 79°, with lengths of 46-52” available through custom order.
In combination, all these different options allow golfers to choose a Cameron Select putter with the appearance they prefer, the length and weight they need, and a neck configuration that provides the proper amount of toe flow during the stroke.
ON TOUR: Every year since 1997, Scotty Cameron putters have been the choice of more players and more champions on the PGA Tour than any other brand. On the 2011 PGA TOUR, players trusted Scotty Cameron putters for a Tour-leading 18 victories, include first-time PGA Tour champions Chris Kirk, Scott Stallings, Scott Piercy and Kevin Na who trusted Cameron putters to win at the Viking Classic, Greenbrier Classic, Reno-Tahoe Open and the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children, respectively. Nick Watney trusted his Scotty Cameron putter to win twice in 2011, at the WGC – Cadillac Championship and the AT&T National. Rory McIlroy turned in a performance for the ages with his Cameron putter, lapping the field en route to his first major title at the U.S. Open. With additional wins across seven different worldwide professional golf tours in 2011, including the 140th Open Championship, Scotty Cameron loyalists accumulated 58 victories.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: All conventional Scotty Cameron Select and Select GoLo putters begin shipping to golf shops on April 1, 2012, while the Select Mid and Long putters will be available beginning May 1, 2012. The new Cameron Select putters carry a MSRP of $375.
2012 CAMERON SELECT MODEL DESCRIPTIONS
* Newport: A soft, modern blade with a high toe profile that aids in correct setup at address. A plumbing neck provides a full shaft of offset and medium toe flow. Available in right hand only.
* Newport 1.5: A soft modern blade with a high toe profile featuring a black-on-black milled sightline in the flange and a short flare neck for added toe flow. Available in right hand only.
* Newport 2: A crisp, modern blade with a high toe profile, black-on-black milled sightline in the flange and a plumbing neck that provides a full shaft of offset and medium toe flow. Available in right and left hand.
* Notchback: A crisp mid blade with a high toe profile, notched back flange with a black-on-black milled sightline and an elegant single bend shaft that provides 3/4 shaft of offset and near minimum toe flow. Available in right hand only.
* Newport 2.6: A crisp modern blade with a high toe profile, black-on-black milled sightline in the flange and a zero-offset straight shaft positioned one shaft back from center. The Newport 2.6 features a slightly thicker topline and minimum toe flow. Available in right hand only.
* GoLo Mallet: Elegant, rounded mallet with a slightly asymmetric D-shaped back flange with contained cavity lines and a pulled in heel that encourages a flowing stroke along the ideal arc. A single bend shaft provides 3/4 shaft of offset. Available in right and left hand.
* GoLo S Mallet: Elegant, rounded mallet with a slightly asymmetric D-shaped back flange with contained cavity lines and a pulled in heel that encourages a flowing stroke along the ideal arc. A zero-offset straight shaft positioned one shaft back from center. Available in right hand only.
* Newport 2 Mid: Refined crisp, modern blade for heel-toe blade enthusiasts seeking a mid-length option. Precisely weighted and balanced for mid lengths. Available in right hand only.
* GoLo Mid: Elegant, rounded mallet with a slightly asymmetric D-shaped back flange precisely weighted and balanced for mallet enthusiasts seeking a mid-length option. Features a single bend shaft that provides 3/4 shaft of offset.
* GoLo Mid S: Elegant, rounded mallet with a slightly asymmetric D-shaped back flange precisely weighted and balanced for mallet enthusiasts seeking a mid-length option. Features a zero-offset straight shaft positioned one shaft back from center.
* The Big Sur is a sleek but full mallet matched to a double bend shaft that provides a full shaft of offset, and is available in right and left hand.
* The Big Sur S is a sleek but full mallet matched to a zero-offset straight shaft positioned one shaft back from center. It is available in right hand only.
Further customization of any Cameron putter is available through Scotty’s Custom Shop at www.scottycameron.com.