Nation's Most Expansive and Most Stocked Golf & Tennis Store Hand Picks Best Gifts and Expects Near 50% Sales Spike
(ATLANTA, GA) - The shopping season leading up to Father's Day is one of the busiest sales seasons for golf retailers as gift givers look to find that perfect gift for a golfing dad. National retailer PGA TOUR Superstore, which offers more product choices under one roof than any other national golf retailer, has handpicked a few of their favorite gifts for Dad this season. The chain, with coast-to-coast interactive destinations, expects sales will surge 50% compared to non-holiday times.
"This is an exciting time for consumers because giving golf gifts to a golfing dad is a longstanding tradition,” said PGA TOUR Superstore President and CEO Dick Sullivan. “Dads are interested in the latest, most advanced technology from new drivers and colorful apparel to the amazing electronic gadgets that help them play better, look better and enjoy the game even more. Our associates’ expert advice can help shoppers as well as golfers of all levels find just the right gift Father's Day gift for any golfer," he added.
“Technology continues to change the way golf is played and Dad’s everywhere want to hit is long and straight off the tee,” added Sullivan. “With new drivers made from materials similar to airline jets (to build speed and aerodynamics) and some clubs designed from a dragonfly’s wings for lightness, we have some remarkably advanced technology this year.”
The PGA TOUR Superstore has handpicked golf gift ideas for Dad’s in 2016:
- Putter – Scotty Cameron Select – ($300-400) This putter allows golfers to put a truer roll on the ball and hopefully make more putts in their round. Cameron’s putters offer traditional models (in terms of looks) but they also have innovative technology with the high MOI (moment of inertia) keeping the putter head more stable and still through impact. They feature sleek, performance-oriented models with new technology, shapes and configurations. It blends precision craftsmanship with multi-material technology.
- Driver – TaylorMade M2 Driver ($399) – The M2 driver can be summed up simply – maximum
distance and maximum forgiveness. The redesigned “speed pocket” of the M2 helps optimize favorable launch conditions while the internal acoustic engineering delivers a “best in class sound,” at impact that is music to your ears and instills confidence the hit was solid. The M2 delivers loft adjustability which allows golfers to dial in their loft, lie, and face angle for maximum performance and multiple shaft offerings at no charge.
PING G Standard Driver ($399) provides increased aerodynamic efficiency leading to greater
distance. But what’s unique is the visual change at the top of the driver which added a crown design inspired by the wings of a dragonfly to reposition the center of gravity lower and further back in the driver which reduces spin and increases forgiveness.
- Bag – Nike Air Hybrid Carry II ($199) - The Nike Air Hybrid Carry II has become one of the more popular bags because of its pure comfort. Its lightweight and versatility allow you to carry your bag or put it on a cart. Golfers like to keep their clubs and gear organized and this bag answers the call with multiple features and 14 full length divider compartments.
- Shoes – FootJoy Freestyle ($159) -: The comfortable cushiony, top selling shoe offers superior
traction, complete support and a precision fit that has a relaxed built so it twists when you swing and helps you transfer weight to the other side. Multiple styles/colors.
- GPS or Tech device – Garmin Approach S20 ($199) - It’s more common for golfers to play with a GPS and this one knows where you are - and how far you are from the next pin. The watch's high-sensitivity GPS receiver gives you the distance data you need to fire away and helps with pace of play. A high-resolution display shows distances to the front, back and middle of the green, as well as hazards. You can measure yardage from anywhere on the course. There’s an extra-long battery life and a variety of downloadable metrics to improve your swing consistency. Approach S20 is compatible with your smart device and via Bluetooth® technology, you can read that email or text you've been waiting for - even in the middle of your round.
- Apparel - Under Armour Heather Playoff Polo $65 - This revolutionized sports jersey is constructed with maximum flexibility and a sense of style. It’s more than a shirt with a collar; performance is in its DNA with moisture wicking technology allowing you to swing the club freely without binding material. Anti-odor technology prevents the growth of odor causing microbes while 30+ UPF protects your skin from the sun's harmful rays.
- Golf balls – Titleist Pro V1x ($48) - The most played name in golf has a new Titleist Pro V1x designed for all golfers seeking to shoot lower scores. It features a new patented cover formulation that delivers more short game spin and control with softer feel. Combined with its already extraordinary distance, long-lasting durability, unmatched consistency, high launch and very low long game spin, the new Titleist Pro V1x provides the best fit for all golfers. #1 Ball on Worldwide Tours
"The number one gift non-golfers give a golfing dad is still golf balls. We will sell hundreds of thousands of them in just a few weeks," Sullivan added.
PGA TOUR Superstore’s entire selection of hand-picked gift ideas can be found at www.pgatoursuperstore.com/DAD.