Taking Place at the American Century Championship, Stars from the World of Sports and Entertainment Participate in a Long Drive Competition Using the Final Three Drivers
(ORLANDO, Fla.) – On tonight’s new episode of Driver vs. Driver presented by Wilson (10 p.m. ET), the series will head to Lake Tahoe – site of the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament – where the final three driver designs will be field tested and critiqued by some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment.
Former Chicago Bears linebacker and Driver vs. Driver judge Brian Urlacher will host the episode from Lake Tahoe, introducing the finalists and their drivers to fellow participants in the American Century Championship. Those testing the drivers during the episode include:
- World Series Champion and MVP Josh Beckett
- Pro Football Hall-of-Famer Tim Brown
- ESPN NFL analyst and former NFL head coach Herm Edwards
- New York Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick
- Former MLB pitcher Eric Gagne
- Former MLB pitcher Derek Lowe
- MLB Network baseball analyst and World Series champion Kevin Millar
- Olympic gold medalist alpine skier Bode Miller
- Duck Dynasty’s Willie Robertson
- NHL on NBC analyst and former NHL all-star Jeremy Roenick
DRIVER VS. DRIVER “FINAL THREE”:
- Jimmy Huynh, Brian Mar, Patrick Soriano, Sheila Pancani and Matt Ulery, Long Beach, Calif. (Prototype: Wilson Staff Magnus) – Seniors in the industrial design program at California State University.
- Eric Sillies, Cincinnati, Ohio (Prototype: Wilson Staff Triton) – A product designer who interned at Dick’s Sporting Goods in college, helping the aesthetic direction for the 2012 Nickent golf club line.
- Gavin Wallin, Eagle Mountain, Utah (Prototype: Wilson Staff Pivot) – A product designer who has extensive experience in golf club design with multiple manufacturers.
SERIES PREMISE: Wilson Golf issued an open call and declared an unprecedented challenge to develop an innovative concept that could be transformed into Wilson Golf’s newest driver. Driver vs. Driver viewers an exclusive inside look at the golf club design process from taking prototypes to reality, taking viewers from the company’s Global Headquarters in Chicago and its manufacturing facility in Southeast Asia to on-location at various golf events, where PGA TOUR professionals and stars from the world of sports and entertainment will test out several of the driver concepts. In addition, visits to the hometowns of the finalists will be packaged into special features interspersed throughout the series. Sports broadcaster Melanie Collins hosts Driver vs. Driver.