2017 PGA Champion Caps Unforgettable Season for Feherty, Including Emmy Nominations; Milestone 100th Episode; and A-List Guest Roster
(ORLANDO, Fla.) – Golf’s most recent major champion, Justin Thomas, will join David Feherty on the season seven finale of his self-titled, Emmy-nominated “Outstanding Weekly Studio Show” – Feherty presented by Farmers Insurance – premiering Monday, Sept. 4 at 9 p.m. ET on Golf Channel.
· Louis Oosthuizen (Monday, August 21, 9 p.m. ET): The 2010 Champion Golfer of the Year reflects on his final few holes at St. Andrews while holding an eight-shot lead and ultimately claiming his first major championship. Oosthuizen also offers regret with respect to some of golf’s best venues becoming obsolete due to how far professionals hit it these days, and details how he goes about traveling to each TOUR stop with his traveling mattress in tow.
· Darius Rucker (Monday, August 28, 9 p.m. ET): The chart-topping country music artist talks about his affinity for golf, and how his game is currently better than ever. Rucker also details how his “Monday After the Masters” event came about, and discusses why he chose to venture into the sports agency business.
Thomas rounds out a star-studded roster of guests on Feherty in 2017, including Academy Award-winning actor Matthew McConaughey, NBA All-Star point guard Stephen Curry and World Golf Hall of Fame member Phil Mickelson. Other highlights for Feherty in 2017 include:
· 2017 Sports Emmy Nominations – one for Feherty himself, “Outstanding Sports Personality – Studio Host,” and one for the Feherty series, “Outstanding Weekly Studio Show”.
· Milestone 100th Episode – A special 90-minute multi-guest conversation with Lee Trevino, John Daly and Gary McCord that aired on Monday, July 24 on Golf Channel to celebrate the series’ success dating back to its initial premiere in June 2011.
· Record Viewership – Feherty saw record viewership for the season 7 two-part premiere with golf icon Phil Mickelson earlier this year. Part I (Monday, March 6) became the most-watched Golf Channel original production ever on a Live+3 basis (.41 rating, 640k avg. viewers). The following week, Part II (Monday, March 13) became the most-watched Feherty premiere episode ever (.27 rating, 442k avg. viewers), earning a spot in the top-5 for sports programming for two consecutive Mondays.