Day’s First Major Championship Projected to Lift Him to Third in Official World Golf Ranking
What You Need To Know:
· Day’s win is the seventeenth for TaylorMade drivers in the full calendar ‘14-15 PGA TOUR season. Jason plays his R15 460 driver at 10.5* (set to lower) with a Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70x shaft. He has his weights centered for maximum distance, and averaged over 305 yards off the tee during the tournament.
· With 57 drivers in play (36.3% of the field), TaylorMade was the #1 driver brand at the PGA Championship for the 15th consecutive year.*
· Day’s victory is the fifth for TaylorMade’s Tour Preferred EF wedge. He recently switched to a 47*, 52* & 60* combination in the Tour Grind after previously playing the ATV Grind. He also carries a 47* RSi TP PW, which is de-lofted 2.5-3 degrees; all of Day’s RSi irons are also bent strong.
· After playing the RSi 2 into the season’s first major, Day switched into the RSi TP irons, which he currently has shafted with True Temper’s Dynamic Gold X7 shafts.
· Day’s win secures a third consecutive top-10 finish in this season’s majors: U.S. Open: T9, Open Championship: T4.
· Day plays the Tour Preferred X golf ball with the number 87 (the year he was born) and a kangaroo stamp paying homage to his Australian roots.
· Day wears adidas Golf’s adipower Boost footwear, the first golf shoe with the cushioning, responsiveness and energy return of Boost foam technology.
In Day’s 2015 PGA Championship-Winning Bag:
- R15 460 Driver 10.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70x)
- AeroBurner HL Fairway – 16.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80x)
- RSi TP Irons – 3-9, PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold X7)
- Tour Preferred EF Wedge (Tour Grind) 47*, 52* & 60* (True Temper Dynamic Gold S400)
- TaylorMade Ghost Spider IB Putter
- Tour Preferred X Golf Ball
- adidas Golf adipower Boost Footwear
- Climachill Gradient 3-Stripes Polo
- Climacool Stretch Ventilation Pant
- Tour Preferred Glove
- TaylorMade New Era Tour 39Thirty hat
* Based on 2015 and 2001-2015 usage at The PGA Championship as reported by Darrell Survey Co.