(BRANSON, Mo.) – American golf courses battle to stand out from among the roughly 15,500 other U.S. courses in existence; Top of the Rock at Big Cedar Lodge in southwest Missouri’s Ozark Mountains has done so in spectacular fashion.
What’s In a Name?
Plenty if the name is attached to one of the 18 holes at LedgeStone Country Club at StoneBridge Village. Rated by Golfweek magazine one of “2015 America’s Best Courses You Can Play” by state, LedgeStone’s hole names include “The Slot,” “Temptation” and “The Mermaid” to name a few.
These aren’t souped-up monikers with no substance to them – they’re descriptive realities that encapsulate the playing terrain, look and excitement of a group of exceptional golf holes. To contact LedgeStone call 417.335.8187.
Finding Time to Play: Short, Sweet and Fun
Golfers looking to play each week in a fun, affordable format can try the Thursday night league at Thousand Hills Golf Resort. Golf starts at 5 pm – food at 4:30 pm – and the cost is $25 to play in a 2-person, 9-hole scramble format. Call the pro shop with questions or to sign up at 417-334-4553.
Eight courses of diverse style, price and terrain are found in the esteemed golf destination that is “Branson: Golf’s Ozark Mountain Oasis,” and two more are scheduled to open in the near future.
- Branson Hills Golf Club, www.bransonhillsgolfclub.com, 417.337.2963
- Buffalo Ridge Springs Golf Course, http://www.topoftherock.com/Page/Golf.aspx, 417.339.5430
- LedgeStone Country Club at StoneBridge Village, www.ledgestonegolf.com, 417.335.8187
- Top of the Rock Golf Course, http://www.topoftherock.com/Page/Golf.aspx, 417.339.5343
- Pointe Royale Golf Village, www.pointeroyalegolf.net, 417.334.4477
- Thousand Hills Golf Resort, www.thousandhills.com, 800.487.0769, 417.334.4553
- Holiday Hills Resort and Golf Club, www.holidayhills.com, 417.334.4838
- Don Gardner Golf Course, http://www.bransonparksandrecreation.com, 417.337.8510
See more at: www.explorebranson.com.