Tuesday, January 10, 2012

PING re-signs Mahan to multi-year agreement

(PHOENIX) – Hunter Mahan has signed a multi-year agreement to continue playing PING golf equipment, according to John A. Solheim, PING Chairman & CEO.

In 2011, Mahan posted a career-best 10 top-10s while making 22 of 25 cuts and earning more than $3.5 million. His 4-1 record in his third Presidents Cup in November was instrumental to the Americans’ victory. His three Tour wins include the World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational. He has also played on two U.S. Ryder Cup teams.

“Hunter has been an accomplished player for so long, it’s hard to believe he’s only 29,” Solheim said. “He has incredible talent, and his easygoing nature gives him a great connection with golf fans. Hunter has been a loyal PING player his entire career and we’re proud to continue our affiliation with him, now entering its 10th year.”

As part of the agreement, Mahan will wear a PING hat, carry a PING staff bag and play PING equipment. Financial terms and the length of the agreement were not disclosed.

He is currently playing a G20 driver and 3-wood, S56 irons, Anser forged wedges, and an Anser Milled putter. He is 19th in the most recent Official World Golf Ranking.

Mahan makes his home in Texas and was a star at Oklahoma State University, where he was part of PING’s College Program, which introduced him to PING equipment.

“From the time I first picked up a PING club more than 10 years ago, they’ve felt good in my hands,” he said. “The technology fits my game. They look good at address, the drivers are long and accurate and the irons allow me to attack pins. Confidence is really important to my success, and with PING I know I have the best equipment in the industry. I’m thrilled to continue my relationship with a company that has stood by me since day one.”

Contact: AmericanGolferBlog@gmail.com

No comments: