Coastal Destination’s Golf Show Stops include Chicago, Los Angeles and Toronto
(GULF SHORES, ALABAMA) – Gulf Shores Golf Association, a partnership of nine outstanding golf courses on Alabama’s Gulf Coast, is offering a chance to win a stay-and-play golf trip to all who visit the Golf Alabama booth at seven industry shows in the next three months.
Golf Gulf Shores will be in attendance at the following shows in conjunction with the State of Alabama Tourism Office/Golf Alabama:
* St. Louis Golf Show, Jan. 20-22
* Columbus, Ohio Golf Show, Jan. 27-29
* Tulsa, Oklahoma Golf Show, Feb, 10-12
* Cleveland, Ohio Golf Show, Feb. 17-19
* Chicago Golf Show, Feb. 24-26
* Los Angeles Golf Show, Feb. 24-26
* Toronto, Canada Golf Show, March 2-4
"Our website is jam-packed with pertinent information, including free quotes for customized stay-and-play packages, but nothing can replace meeting golfers and getting the word out about Gulf Shores in person,” says Duncan Millar, Golf Gulf Shores Executive Director.
The Stay-and-Play Package Giveaway – partnering with Kaiser Realty, Inc. – will include a 3-night stay in a 3-bedroom condominium and two days of golf for four players, or up to eight rounds of golf. One winner will be randomly drawn in March. To enter the contest, golfers need only submit their contact information at the Golf Alabama booth at any of the above expos.
Below is a small sample of packages that can be booked at www.golfgulfshores.com. These rates include all taxes and fees and are based on a group of four golfers staying four nights and playing three rounds of golf at three different pre-determined courses. Golfers booking these custom packages can add an Unlimited Golf option at all nine partner courses year-round:
* 2 Bedroom Condominium with Golf Course View
Available through 2/26/2012
Rate: $68.32 per person per night ($273.27) for golf and room
Description: Starting at rate based on 4 people staying in a two-bedroom condominium with either one king or a queen bed, two twin beds and a sleeper sofa.
* Double Queen Hotel Room with Gulf Coast View
Available through 2/26/2012
Rate: $88.65 per person per night ($354.58) for golf and room
Description: Starting at rate based on 2 people staying in a one room with two queen beds.
Other News and Notes from the Gulf Shores Golf Association:
* Getting to Gulf Shores to Become Even Easier: US Airways will expand service between Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA) and the recently renamed Pensacola (Fla.) International Airport (PNS) – less than an hour’s drive from Gulf Shores/Orange Beach – starting March 25. Daily flights will arrive at Pensacola at 4:09 p.m. (leaving Washington at 2:35 p.m.) and 9:20 p.m. (leaving at 7:45 p.m.). Flights to the nation’s capital will depart Pensacola at 6 a.m. (arriving in Washington at 9:21 a.m.) and 4:40 p.m. (arriving 7:58 p.m.). US Airways Express partner Air Wisconsin will operate the service to Pensacola on 50-passenger Canadair Regional Jet (CRJ200) aircraft.
* New Mobile Website: The GSGA debuted a unique, mobile-friendly website version. The app features clickable sections for Play, Stay, Dine, Maps, Custom Quote and ENews Signup. Golfers clicking each section will find a list of section-appropriate GSGA marketing partners, with each being accessed via a click. There’s also an option to view the full website with a click. In addition, the GSGA launched a new, 3.5-minute-long HD video showcasing the beauty of all nine member courses. The video can be found on GolfAlabama.com and You Tube.
To view up-to-the-minute news, photos, events and special offers, see facebook.com/GolfGulfShores or follow the GSGA on Twitter at twitter.com/GolfGulfShores.
Travelers can also sign up for a free subscription to the Golf Gulf Shores monthly e-newsletter at www.golf.gulfshores.com.