Interactive Experience and $1,000 Shopping Sprees Featured at Grand Opening of 5th Northern VA store
(Gainesville, VA) – Golfsmith International, the world’s largest golf retailer, is further solidifying its position as Northern Virginia’s biggest and most convenient golf destination with the addition of a new store in Gainesville and an exciting grand opening celebration on May 10-12. The new 18,346 square-foot store provides an unrivaled retail experience, featuring a dominant selection of the best brands in golf and the ultimate ‘try before you buy’ interactive environment.
The new store at the Virginia Gateway Town Center is located at 5105 Wellington Road in Gateway Commons and has three computerized club fitting studios, three hitting bays and an indoor putting green right inside the store. It is Golfsmith’s fifth Northern Virginia location and builds on the company’s success in Fairfax, Sterling, Woodbridge, and Tysons Corner.
“Our new Gainesville store is an awesome addition to our portfolio of Northern Virginia stores and helps us serve an area with an abundance of golfers” said Sue Gove, Golfsmith International President and CEO. “First-time customers are blown away by the incredible experience in the store. We have all the latest gear and the most knowledgeable staff in the industry. Whether you’re a scratch player or looking to get into the game for the first time, we offer the best selection of the biggest brands in a truly unique environment.”
In addition to clubs, balls, shoes, tees and other golf essentials from brands like Titleist, PING, Callaway, TaylorMade, Cobra, PUMA, Nike Golf, Mizuno and more, Golfsmith offers a wide selection of authentic golf apparel brands and fashions not found in a typical department or discount store. Golfers will also find the latest technology accessories such as GPS units, swing analyzers and rangefinders. Golfsmith’s highly trained experts are always on-hand to help customers find the right gear for their game.
The new Gainesville store is part of Golfsmith’s aggressive growth strategy that is bucking an industry trend of golf store closures. According to the National Golf Foundation, almost half of all golf stores in America closed in the last decade. The Texas-based golf retailer will continue its expansion in 2013 with ten (10) planned stores throughout the US and two in Canada.
Golfsmith’s Gainesville Grand Opening Details include:
* When the store opens at 8 a.m. May 10, the first 200 people to visit the store will receive a free two-pack of premium golf balls
* On May 10 and 11, all customers can register for a chance to win a $1,000 shopping spree to be given away at 9:15 a.m. on both days
* Beginning Saturday at 8 a.m., register for a VIP ticket package for AT&T National valued at $1,000
* All weekend long, customers can participate in a closest to the pin contest in which 12 finalists will have one chance at winning $10,000 in a hole-in-one challenge the following weekend (May 18)
* Customers can register for a chance to win prizes such as drivers, iron sets, GPS units and rangefinders
Golfsmith offers a comprehensive online store at www.golfsmith.com. Customers can register on the site for special offers and updates on the grand opening by signing up for “E-mail Offers” or going to www.golfsmith.com/gainesville.