Expansive Interactive Experience and $1,000 Shopping Sprees Featured at Grand Opening
(Dayton, OH) – Golfsmith International, the world’s largest golf retailer, is opening the largest golf store in Beavercreek with an exciting grand opening celebration occurring May 10-12. The new 20,845 square foot store provides an unrivaled retail experience, featuring a dominant selection of the best brands in golf and the ultimate ‘try before you buy’ interactive environment.
The Beavercreek store, located at 2720 Towne Drive, has three high-tech golf simulators and an expansive indoor putting green that enable customers to experience the latest equipment. The new location also features GolfTEC, a state-of-the-art in-store improvement center, with PGA teaching professionals and certified coaches to help golfers improve their games.
“Our new Beavercreek store is an awesome addition to our portfolio of Ohio stores and helps us reach underserved golfers in the Dayton area,” said Sue Gove, Golfsmith International President and CEO. “First-time customers are blown away by the incredible experience in the store. We have all the latest gear and the most knowledgeable staff in the industry. Whether you’re a scratch player or looking to get into the game for the first time, we offer the best selection of the biggest brands in a truly unique environment.”
In addition to clubs, balls, shoes, tees and other golf essentials from brands like Titleist, PING, Callaway, TaylorMade, Cobra, PUMA, Nike Golf, Mizuno and more, Golfsmith offers a wide selection of authentic golf apparel brands and fashions not found in a typical department or discount store. Golfers will also find the latest technology accessories such as GPS units, swing analyzers and rangefinders. Golfsmith’s highly trained experts are always on-hand to help customer find the right gear for their game.
The new store is part of Golfsmith’s aggressive growth strategy that is bucking an industry trend of golf store closures. According to the National Golf Foundation, almost half of all golf stores in America closed in the last decade. The Texas-based golf retailer will continue its expansion in 2013 with 10 planned stores throughout the US. The Dayton/Beavercreek store is Golfsmith’s fourth location in Ohio with other stores including Cleveland, Columbus-Easton and Columbus-Sawmill.
Beavercreek Grand Opening Details include:
* When the store opens at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, May 10, the first 200 people to visit the store will receive a free two-pack of premium golf balls
* On Friday, May 10 and Saturday, May 11, all customers can register for a chance to win a $1,000 shopping spree to be given away at 9:15 a.m. on both days
* All weekend long, customers can participate in a closest to the pin contest in which 12 finalists will have one chance at winning $10,000 in a hole-in-one challenge the following weekend (May 18)
* Customers can register for a chance to win prizes such as drivers, iron sets, GPS units and rangefinders
* GolfTEC will also be hosting a group lesson clinic on Saturday.
Golfsmith offers a comprehensive online store at www.golfsmith.com. Customers can register on the site for special offers and updates on the grand opening by signing up for “E-mail Offers” or going to golfsmith.com/dayton.