Free Program Will Provide Yardage Book, 3-D Flyover of Courses and More at Two of America's Top 100 Courses
(Pawleys Island, S.C.) – Caledonia Golf & Fish Club and True Blue Golf Club – two of America’s top 100 public courses – announce the unveiling of a new app designed to enhance the golfer experience at the award-winning layouts.
The free app, which works with Apple and Android operating systems, allows players to book tee times, provides a yardage book, a 3-D flyover of every hole on both courses, and the ability to create a live leaderboard for groups.
“We want to provide our guests with the best possible golf experience, and our new, free app is a reflection of that commitment,” Bob Seganti, Director of Golf Operations at Caledonia and True Blue, said. “From the time the booking process starts until a group concludes a post-round meal, the app can add to the enjoyment of a vacation at Caledonia and True Blue.”
The apps primary features are:
- The easiest way to book a tee time at the courses is through the app. Rates are pulled from Caledonia Golf Vacations, ensuring players the lowest available price, and you are never more than a couple clicks from a tee time.
- A yardage book that includes a detailed image of each hole and easy to figure yardage markings.
- The app’s coolest feature is the live scoring component, which allows player to score tournaments for their group and keep track of gross and net skins games in real time.
- If players are dreaming of a round at either course, the app’s photo gallery and 3-D flyover features are the cure for what ails him or her. The gallery, which features images from both courses, is the perfect way to get the juices flowing prior to a trip. The 3-D flyover provides a high definition look at each course and is a must-view before playing.
- The app can sync with US Handicap and GHIN, allowing players to easily keep track of stats and post scores to their handicap system of choice.
- Profiles of each course provide players an idea of what to expect at the famed Mike Strantz designs.
- Among the app’s other features are an events tab, alerting guests to any special events at the courses, menus for the golf course restaurants, a location feature that will sync with a smart phone’s GPS, and a promotions tab for special offers.
Both courses are ranked among Golf Magazine’s list of the Top 100 You Can Play, a ranking of the nation’s top 100 public courses. Caledonia is 24th on the prestigious list and True Blue is 77th.
Caledonia, which is equal parts art and architecture, plays through a stunning piece of lowcountry land that was once home to a thriving rice plantation. The live oak trees draped in Spanish moss, the marshy waters of the Waccamaw Neck, and Strantz’s architectural brilliance combined to make Caledonia one of America’s premier public golf experiences.
A round at True Blue, while completely different from a design perspective, is no less captivating. Everything about the 7,126-yard layout is big – the fairways, the greens and most of all, the fun. Strantz used waste bunkers, which frame many of the course’s fairways, to craft a layout that is among the area’s most visually stunning.
For more information on Caledonia, True Blue and Caledonia Golf Vacations, go to www.FishClub.com.