(VIENNA, VA) – Wilson Golf has expanded its partnership with Women on Course (WOC), the nation’s premier golf-lifestyle networking organization and a division of Billy Casper Golf (BCG) that has introduced tens of thousands of women to the game.
Wilson will place the WOC logo on the packaging of approximately 50,000 sets of Profile game-improvement golf equipment. Custom displays are available at nearly 100 BCG-managed courses nationwide, promoting WOC “On Course” membership that offers preferred pricing on Wilson equipment.
“Expanding our relationship with Women on Course helps make it more attractive to current and prospective members,” says Doug Thiel, Director of Marketing for Wilson. “Its mantra of creating a supportive atmosphere where women learn, improve and play golf at their own pace aligns with our goals of increasing female participation.”
“Wilson makes great equipment that helps the average woman golfer enjoy the game more,” says Donna Hoffman, President and Founder of WOC. “We all remember those one or two solid hits in a round that remind us why we love the game.”
Wilson is a pioneer in engaging a female audience, endorsing greats like LPGA Founding Member Patty Berg. With the emergence of Michelle Wie and Lexi Thompson, the Solheim Cup’s Germany debut and women being elected to leadership positions at the PGA and USGA, interest in the game is at an all-time high with women representing one third of all new golfers.
About Women on Course
Women on Course hosts more than 20,000 women at 2,000 annual golf and non-golf events in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Hartford, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Scottsdale, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington, DC and other major markets.
Starting at $129, Individual Membership has never been more affordable and includes event privileges and a pair of golf shoes or a $50 gift card for apparel and accessories. At $359 “On Course” members receive Individual member benefits plus a set of Wilson Profile clubs and golf bag valued at up to $600.
Members enjoy free gifts; special access to private clubs; discounts on greens fees, apparel, equipment, wine and other products; golf and educational resources; contests; and forums. Fashion, fitness, travel and luxury components surrounding the world of golf are incorporated into the WOC experience.
WOC attracts and retains golfers by shifting focus away from score and competition. Members and guests are encouraged to learn and play golf at their own pace through:
* A “Play Your Own Way” choice allows beginners to add their own rules to relieve stress and keep up with more experienced golfers
* A “Score 5 to Survive” format – tee shot, fairway approach, chip, two putts – promotes using different clubs without slow play
Countless success stories about WOC members include:
* Enhancing golf skills and etiquette for new business connections and career advancement
* Establishing lifelong friendships with like-minded women
* Making golf more accessible through discounted apparel and merchandise
* Helping beginning golfers with fundamentals and advanced players refine their games
* Prompting families to spend time together on and off the course
* Learning from dynamic guest speakers at events
* Mixing and mingling with women from all age groups with diverse and interesting backgrounds
More information: www.womenoncourse.com, 703.940.3511.