Win is First on PGA TOUR for adidas Golf’s new adipower Boost Footwear
(Carlsbad, Calif.) – Playing what is considered one of the sternest tests on the PGA TOUR in the long and unforgiving pair of Torrey Pines layouts, it was TaylorMade’s Jason Day who emerged victorious, winning a four man playoff on the South Course to capture the Farmers Insurance Open. The victory is Day’s second win in eight weeks, having also won the Franklin Templeton Shootout in December.
· The win is Day’s third on the PGA TOUR, having previously won the Byron Nelson Championship in 2010 and the WGC Accenture Match Play Championship last year
· Day’s win is his second with the R15 driver, which he added to the bag just ten days prior to capturing the Franklin Templeton Shootout in December
· The win is the first on any tour for adidas Golf’s new adipower Boost footwear, designed for the athlete to be the most comfortable, high-performance footwear the company has ever created
· With just under 40% of the field (61/156 players) playing a TaylorMade driver, the brand was once again the #1 driver in play
· With the win, Day moves up to fourth in the OWGR
· Day earns 500 FedExCup points with the win and is projected to move to 7th in the standings
Complementing his bag full of TaylorMade clubs, Day wore adidas’ newest high-performance golf footwear, adipower Boost, throughout the tournament. Boost is an industry-changing innovation years in the making, designed to deliver maximum energy return, responsiveness and unparalleled comfort by way of thousands of TPU energy capsules fused together by way of a proprietary high pressure steam molding process.
Available February 27, men’s adipower Boost will be available in four colorways at an MSRP of $190 USD, while women’s adipower Boost will be offered in two colorways at an MSRP of $180 USD. Click here to learn more about adipower Boost.
Day added the R15 driver (a 460 at 10.5*) to his bag just ten days prior to the Franklin Templeton Shootout in December, becoming one of the first TaylorMade staffers to make the switch from SLDR. The R15 Is offered in both black and white and features a desirable, playable pear-shape in two head sizes – 460cc and 430cc. It was the #1 driver model in play at this week’s tournament with 21 total in play (430 & 460).
* R15 460 Driver 10.5* (Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 70x)
* AeroBurner HL Fairway – 16.5*(Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 70x)
* Tour Preferred MC 2014 3-9, PW (True Temper Rifle 6.5)
* Tour Preferred MC 2011 2 iron
* Tour Preferred Wedge (ATV Grind) 54* & 60*
* TaylorMade Ghost Spider IB Putter
* Tour Preferred X Golf Ball
* adidas Golf adipower Boost Footwear
* adidas Golf apparel
* TaylorMade Bag, Headwear & Glove