Monday, February 9, 2015
Nike Golf Athlete Patrick Rodgers Claims His First Victory as a Professional
Rodgers is one of the newest members to join Nike Golf’s talented roster. The former collegiate standout didn’t waste any time to claim a victory with his new Nike Golf equipment. Rodgers utilized 14 clubs in his win in Colombia, including the Nike Vapor Pro driver that blends three key technologies: Nike’s new FlyBeam reinforced Covert Cavity Back design, a re-engineered Compression Channel and FlexLoft 2.
He also leveraged Nike’s distinctive Modern Muscle technology, which balances weighting for perfected precision and power, in his Nike Vapor Pro irons.
Rodgers won the tournament while playing the Nike RZN Platinum golf ball. The ball features an innovative Speedlock RZN interlocking core design to help promote better energy transfer between the layers at impact for faster ball speed, longer distance and more stability into the wind.
Before turning pro last summer, Rodgers was a three-time NCAA Division I All-American and 2014 PAC-12 Player of the Year. While at Stanford University, he broke the school record for lowest career stroke average of 71.1 — set by Tiger Woods — with a 70.33 average score.
RODGERS’S NIKE GOLF ARSENAL:
* Driver: Nike Vapor Pro 9.5-degree
* Fairway Wood: Nike Covert 2.0 3-wood/15-degree
* Irons: Nike Vapor Pro (4-PW), Vapor Speed (2)
* Wedges: Nike VR X3X 52-degree, 56-degree and 60-degree
* Putter: Nike Method Prototype
* Ball: Nike RZN Platinum
* Footwear: Nike Lunar Control 3
* Apparel: Nike Golf's Performance Collection
NIKE GOLF’S 2015 INTERNATIONAL VICTORIES:
* Rory McIlroy - Omega Dubai Desert Classic (European Tour)
NIKE GOLF’S 2015 WEB.COM VICTORIES:
* Patrick Rodgers - Pacific Rubiales Colombia Championship