Tuesday, May 7, 2019

V1 Pro Rob Labritz Qualifies for PGA Championship with T-8 Finish at PGA Professional Championship

(Novi , MI) – V1 pro and GlenArbor Golf Club (Bedford Hills, NY) director of golf Rob Labritz fired steady rounds of 71-72-71-73 to finish even par and tie for eighth place at the 2019 PGA Professional Championship at Belfair Golf Club in Bluffton, SC. Labritz’s performance puts him among the 20 golfers who earned spots to compete in golf’s second major championship of the season, the 2019 PGA Championship which will be contested May 16 – 19 at Bethpage Black Golf Course in Farmingdale, NY.

No stranger to the spotlight, Labritz was the Low Club Professional at 2010 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits and is the six-time Westchester Golf Association Player of the Year and three-time Metropolitan PGA Section Player of the Year. More importantly, Labritz is a three-time winner of the Lenox Advisors/NFP New York State Open, which is contested annually Bethpage Black. Labritz won the event there in 2008, 2011 and 2016.

“I’ve been targeting this event and working on my game and my preparation to peak so I’d have this awesome opportunity to play a ‘home game’ at Bethpage Black,” said Labritz. “If you like to root for the underdog, I like to think having a 47-year-old, 175-pound club professional possibly in contention is a pretty compelling storyline among all the Tigers, Phils and Brooks Koepkas.”

Labritz attributes his playing success over many years (he won his first PGA Section event in 1993) to his commitment to fitness and making teaching, promoting and playing golf an all-consuming lifestyle. “I love golf and to keep on top of my game and to be able to teach 11,000 hours a year, I have to work out and constantly stay committed to golf,” he says.

On Twitter, Labritz confirmed he’ll be using V1 technology at the PGA Championship as he practices and prepares. “The V1 Pro golf instruction app is a godsend. If I ever need to look at my swing or find what part of my game I need to fine-tune, I just break out my phone and record my swings so I can do an immediate analysis. It’s a great little secret weapon out there,” Labritz says.

In many of those 11,000-hours-worth of lessons, Labritz says he likes to employ face-on and down-the-line cameras paired with V1 Pro HD golf instruction software and sometimes even uses overhead video to pinpoint swing and set-up tendencies and correct them. “V1 is one of the most valuable tools I use as an instructor. I use it all the time on my game and for my students,” he adds.

Labritz posts video lessons and books his instructional programs on www.roblabritz.com.

Visit www.v1sports.com. Follow V1 on Twitter @v1sports.

No comments: