(Destin, FL) - Click on www.DestinGOLF.info and you will see a new website designed for golfers worldwide planning a trip to the Destin area. Destin is a well-known golf destination for golf vacations, buddy trips and weekend get-a-ways. There are 25 golf courses within a 30 mile radius of Destin.
This new website brings together all the golf travel planning information in one easy to find and easy to use internet location. Menu topics include a Golf Course Directory, Stay-and-Play Packages, Golf Course Homes, Snowbirds, Lessons, Golf4Kids and Videos. Golf travelers who opt-in for "Hot Deals" will receive a quarterly email describing the best bargains on green fees, lodging, dining, etc.
Destin as a Golf Destination
- Destin was established in 1845 as a fishing village. Today, it’s the “world’s luckiest fishing village” with 125 charter boats; the largest fleet in one port in North America.
- Golfers are sports enthusiasts. There is a lot to do in Destin off the golf course including deep sea fishing, boating and water sports.
- The four major demos for Destin visitation are Families, Snowbirds, College Students and Groups. Golf is an amenity for Families and Snowbirds.
- Snowbirds flock to Destin from November – March and peck away at tee times.
- The Military influence in Destin is evident every day from the sound of freedom in the sky above to the economic impact of both active and retired service members. The military presence includes the Army’s 7th Special Forces Group, Eglin Air Force Base, Hurlburt Field, Whiting Field, Duke Field, the Navy’s Explosive Ordnance Disposal School and the Army’s Camp Rudder.
- Two golf complexes serve the military personnel and are open to the public. The Eglin AFB features two 18-hole courses: The Eagle and The Falcon. The Gator Lakes golf course is located on the Hurlburt Field military reservation. The Eglin AFB Golf Course was built in 1923 and is a member of the Florida Historic Golf Trail.
- Destin area golf courses offer a variety of styles created by award winning designers like Tom Fazio, Bob Cupp, Fred Couples, Joe Lee, Robert C. Walker (former lead designer for Arnold Palmer), Rees Jones, Earl Stone, Pete Dye and Jerry Pate. They have incorporated the surroundings of wetlands, bay and the beach to test every golfer’s skills. The architects have designed area courses to pose a challenge, yet offer a pleasant day on the greens.
- While Destin only has 13,355 permanent residents, there are on average 86,000 tourists visiting Destin on any given day during the IN season. They enjoy sunny skies, coastal breezes and lush landscapes as they partake in one of Destin’s favorite pastimes. The grandeur of the glittering gulf and pristine beaches make Destin a picturesque backdrop for a coastal golf retreat.
- Destin is a one tank trip from major southeastern cities like Atlanta, Birmingham, and New Orleans.
- Destin is a burgeoning destination within a one-day drive of states like Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
- Destin is also easily accessible by air. Its four area airports have seen a surge in expanded service, especially from the Midwest and Northeast, with more than 200 daily departures and arrivals from cities including Atlanta, Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Tampa, Memphis, Jackson, and Washington, D.C.
For more information on www.DestinGOLF.info, contact Ed Bowen, at (678) 795-9411 or Ed@DestinGOLF.info.