(Scottsdale, Ariz.) – Seventeen Troon-affiliated facilities were recently named 2017 Platinum Award winners by the Association of Golf Merchandisers (AGM). The AGM is an international, professional association of golf-related merchandisers and vendors headquartered in Phoenix, Ariz. The AGM’s Platinum Awards recognize premier golf shops from the private, public, resort and off-course sectors.
“AGM Platinum Awards are the pinnacle of retail awards in the golf merchandising industry,” said Kristen Goulet, director retail operations, Troon. “To have 17 Troon properties recognized by the AGM speaks volumes about the teams we have in place on-site and regionally. They work tirelessly day-in and day-out to create exceptional customer experiences.”
Troon Golf and Troon Privé facilities named AGM Platinum Award winners include:
- Ak-Chin Southern Dunes in Maricopa, Ariz.
- Audubon Country Club in Naples, Fla.
- BallenIsles Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- Bear Trap Dunes Golf Club in Ocean View, Del.
- Classic Club in Palm Desert, Calif.
- Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Fla.
- Fieldstone Golf Club in Greenville, Del.
- Indian Wells Golf Resort in Indian Wells, Calif
- Kapalua Bay in Maui, Hawaii
- Kapalua Plantation in Maui, Hawaii
- Maderas Golf Club in San Diego, Calif.
- Manchester Country Club in Bedford, N.H.
- Potomac Shores Golf Club in Potomac Shores, Va.
- Stockton Seaview Hotels and Golf Club in Galloway Township, N.J.
- The Palmer Course at La Cantera in San Antonio, Texas
- The Phoenician Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Troon North Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
All winners will be recognized during the AGM’s Annual Retail Conference in Orlando, Fla. on Tuesday, January 24th. To be considered for a Platinum Award, courses were invited to submit golf shop nominations. Entries were then judged by an impartial panel on a number of categories, including customer satisfaction initiatives, creative use of space, inventory control practices, revenue-generating initiatives, promotions and visual displays.
In addition to golf course retail operations, Troon also operates tennis, fitness, resort and marina retail outlets across the globe. Troon's national purchasing programs enable owners to receive the benefit of group buying power on hundreds of retail items.
For more information on the AGM, visit www.agmgolf.org.
For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com.