Zhang wins his first PGA Tour China event with 14 Nike clubs in the bag
(BEAVERTON, Ore.) – Nike Golf Athlete Xin-Jun Zhang birdied the 17th hole to come from behind and win the Beijing Open for the first PGA Tour China series victory of his career. The 27-year-old, who is from China’s Shanxi Province, made history with his comeback performance – he is the first Chinese golfer ever to win the tournament.
Zhang posted a final score of 19-under par, notching six birdies on Sunday with his Method 006 putter featuring Polymetal Groove technology, which helps to reduce skid and produce a truer roll. He also played the Nike RZN Black ball with innovative Speedlock RZN technology, designed to deliver more distance, better feeland a more consistent, stable ball flight into the wind.
Zhang sported apparel from Nike’s Tour Performance collection and Nike Lunar Control footwear.
Zhang’s Nike Golf Arsenal
* Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 8.5-degree
* Fairway Wood: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 3-wood/15-degree
* Hybrid: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 #2/17-degree
* Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo (3-5), VR Pro Blade (6-PW)
* Wedges: VR Forged 52-degree and 58-degree
* Putter: Nike Method 006
* Ball: Nike RZN Black
* Apparel: Nike Golf Tour Performance collection
* Footwear: Nike Lunar Control
Nike Golf’s 2014 PGA Tour Victories
• Russell Henley – Honda Classic
• Seung-Yul Noh – Zurich Classic
Nike Golf’s 2014 International Victories
• Charl Schwartzel – Alfred Dunhill Championship (European Tour)
• Ross Fisher – Tshwane Open (European Tour)
• Rory McIlroy – BMW PGA Championship (European Tour)
• Xin-Jun Zhang– Beijing Open (PGA Tour China)
Nike Golf’s 2014 LPGA Tour Victories
• Michelle Wie – LPGA LOTTE Championship
Nike Golf’s 2014 Ladies International Victories
• Cheyenne Woods – Volvic RACV Ladies Masters
For more information on Nike Golf, visit our Web site at www.nike.com/nikegolf. To follow Nike Golf on Twitter visit www.twitter.com/nikegolf and to become a fan on facebook go to www.facebook.com/nikegolf.