Accesses tee times, travel packages, club information and special opportunities from mobile devices
(SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.) – OB Sports Golf Management recently unveiled a new "Next Generation" OB Sports 1.1 Golf App available for complimentary download on IPhone and Android mobile devices. Powered by Mobile Media Applications, the OB Sports App allows users to book tee times online as well as provides frequent players and traveling golfers with a wealth of information about the OB Sports-managed golf facilities throughout the United States including popular golf destinations such as Scottsdale, Ariz., Las Vegas, Nev. and Orlando, Fla., to name a few.
* A golf course directory that is sorted aphetically, state by state and by city of origin.
* Direct access to OB Sports online tee time booking engines in addition to tap-to-call capability connecting users directly to each club’s golf shop
* Detailed course and facility information for all golf clubs
* Tap-to-share content with friends
* Information and services relating to each course’s frequent player programs
* Information and services relating to current vacation deals, packages and reservations at OB Sports properties via OB Sports Golf Vacations
* Social media integration: The app connects directly to Facebook, Twitter and email, allowing users to stay connected with friends and family during their visit. They can share photos, messages and content through the app.
* App users may enter contest/sweepstakes to win prizes
* Club-specific news feeds and real-time Twitter feeds
* Photo galleries and more.
“In the Spring of 2011, we were all very excited to unveil the first OB Sports App; and now, one year later, we are thrilled to announce the next generation," stated Phil Green, Chief Operating Officer of OB Sports Golf Management. "The evidence is clear that golfers and travelers in general are increasingly relying on mobile devices to access information and make online reservations. Therefore, we made a conscience decision to be on the cutting edge of this growing trend by delivering our range of products and services via the app. Golfers may download it for free, locate the nearest OB Sports managed facility, learn more about all that the club has to offer and connect directly with the course near them,” added Green.
Under development for the last few months, the new OB Sports Golf App improves upon the original.
“Although our first app was a big hit with users, advances in technology allowed us to create an even more useful and functional OB Sports Golf App," stated Kris Strauss, vice president of sales and marketing for OB Sports. "We analyzed the guest traffic data, in addition to simply asking, to determine how the app was being used and upgraded and expanded the functionality of those frequently used features. Although we expect a healthy shelf life for the new app, we’re already looking forward to discovering new technologies," added Strauss.
For more information on the OB Sports Golf App, visit www.obsports.com/app.