A 26-year-old native of Aston, Penn., Atkins handled windy conditions all week, emerging as the only player in the field to post all four rounds in the 60s. His first-place check of $117,000 vaults him from 87th to sixth on the WEB.COM TOUR money list – an excellent position to earn PGA TOUR playing privileges next season.
That prize should be especially useful for Atkins and his family this summer. He is getting married over the week of the WEB.COM TOUR Nashville Golf Open in late June.
“It feels so great to accomplish this goal so early, it’s definitely a nice little wedding gift for us,” Atkins said.
Atkins won using a bag of Srixon equipment, including the Srixon Z-STAR XV Tour Yellow golf ball. Featuring a Dual Energetic Gradient Growth core with a larger, softer inner core, the Z-STAR XV generates consistently high ball speed on full shots and enhances greenside spin control with the Spin Skin coating. Atkins also trusted Srixon Z Series golf clubs en route to victory: the Z 765 Driver, the Z F65 Fairway Wood, the Z U65 Utility Iron, and Z 965 Irons. Z Series clubs feature the most innovative technology Srixon has ever created in golf clubs, helping skilled players improve distance and accuracy.
Atkins also used three Cleveland Golf RTX-3 Blade Tour Raw wedges (50° V-MG, 56° V-MG, 60° V-LG). RTX-3 wedges include three of Cleveland’s most innovative wedge technologies ever for the ultimate short-game control and consistency – Feel Balancing, V Sole grinds and the third-generation Rotex Face.
In Matt Atkins’s Bag:
· Srixon Z-STAR XV Tour Yellow golf ball
· Srixon Z 765 driver (10.5°) with Miyazaki Kusala White 61X shaft
· Srixon Z F65 fairway wood (15.0° 3-wood) with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83X shaft
· Srixon Z U65 utility iron (20.0° 3-utility) with KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95X shaft)
· Srixon Z 965 irons (4-PW) with KBS Tour X shafts
· Cleveland Golf RTX-3 Tour Raw blade wedges (50° V-MG, 56° V-MG, 60° V-LG) with KBS Tour S shafts
· Srixon staff bag, headwear and glove
For additional information on Srixon / Cleveland Golf / XXIO products and staff players, visit the Srixon, Cleveland Golf and XXIO USA websites.