(ORLANDO, Fla.) – World Golf Hall of Fame member Hale Irwin will join David Feherty on his self-titled, Emmy-nominated “Outstanding Weekly Studio Show” – Feherty presented by Farmers Insurance – premiering Monday, May 8 at 9 p.m. ET on Golf Channel.
· The opportunity for professionals – like him – to find new success through a “second career” after turning 50 and earning eligibility on the PGA TOUR Champions
· Recalling his match against Bernhard Langer at the “War by the Shore” 1991 Ryder Cup
· A strong belief that golf’s governing bodies should “roll back” the golf ball
· What about his game made him seemingly built to win the U.S. Open (three times)
· Comparing and contrasting football to golf; recounting his days as a multi-sport athlete at the University of Colorado, as a defensive back and NCAA Individual national champion
· A belief in his own work ethic, and how he wasn’t going to be “out-efforted,” knowing his talent alone didn’t necessarily size up against the best in the game during his era
In addition to Irwin, another upcoming episode of Feherty will feature All-Star point guard for the Golden State Warriors, Stephen Curry (Monday, May 15 at 9 p.m. ET).