Second Annual Memorial Day Weekend Promotion Supports PGA REACH & Military Veterans Nationwide
(ORLANDO, Fla.) – Marriott Golf, one of the world’s premier golf operators, has again teamed up with PGA REACH - the charitable foundation of the PGA of America – for the 2nd annual Hit the Green for HOPE promotion, which supports PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) golf programming for United States military Veterans with disabilities.
Participants of PGA HOPE programs include military Veterans living with physical or cognitive challenges such as Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and amputations, among other challenges.
“We commend Marriott Golf for their commitment to support PGA HOPE and help our nation’s heroes,” said Ryan Cannon, Senior Director, PGA REACH. “Providing an opportunity for Veterans to get active again, through the wonderful game of golf, has a positive impact on their rehabilitation process.”
Participating courses in the Hit the Green for HOPE campaign represent some of the country’s premier championship venues, including:
- Wildfire Golf Club, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Camelback Golf Club, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Starr Pass Country Club, Tucson, Ariz.
- Desert Springs Golf Resort, Palm Desert, Calif.
- Shadow Ridge Golf Club, Palm Desert, Calif.
- Grande Vista Golf Club, Orlando, Fla.
- Hawk’s Landing Golf Club, Orlando, Fla.
- The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Grande Lakes, Orlando, Fla.
- The Rookery & Hammock Bay, Marco Island, Fla.
- Renaissance Vinoy Golf Club, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- The Ritz-Carlton Members Club, Sarasota, Fla.
- Stone Mountain Golf Club, Stone Mountain, Ga.
- Griffin Gate Golf Club, Lexington, Ky.
- Toftrees Golf Club, State College, Pa.
- Gaylord Springs Golf Club, Nashville, Tenn.
- Cattails Golf Club, Kingsport, Tenn.
- Westfields Golf Club, Clifton, Va.
In addition to Memorial Day Weekend, the 2017 Hit the Green for HOPE campaign will also take place at various locations on Independence Day, Labor Day, and Veterans Day. Several properties also offer unique versions of the program; golfers should call the golf shop at each property for details.
For more information on PGA HOPE, visit www.pgareach.org.
For more information, visit http://www.marriott.com/explore-and-plan/golf.mi.