Friday, September 4, 2015

S.O.S. Green-side Rough

I've been having LOADS of trouble with one shot, in particular, the last couple years.

Picture this … Your ball is only a couple yards off the green, but in heavy rough. More times than not, I decelerate and leave the ball at my feet. The other miss is skulling it across the green into even more trouble.

I needed help.

Enter Jimmy Hanlin via Twitter. Jimmy is a local PGA professional and owner of three courses in Ohio (StoneWater, Little Mountain and Cumberland Trail). He also hosts a number of shows, which now may be national. You may know of him.

I tweeted the above picture and following message with a distress signal @JimmyHanlin.
Green-side rough is killing me. @JimmyHanlin help! Any fool-proof method to NOT leave this at my feet (or skull it)?

This was his response:
"Big swing and open the face. Need some speed to get thru that. And have to trust it."

Happy to report that I had one of the best chipping days of my year today. Thank you, Jimmy!

No comments: