(Scottsdale, Ariz.) – On Monday, August 3, 11 Troon facilities joined a total of 132 golf courses across America hosting the fifth annual World’s Largest Golf Outing that raised more than $1 million, a record high, for Wounded Warrior Project (WWP).
Through a portion of player entry fees, contests and 100% of donations, participating Troon courses contributed $46,046 to WWP, the national organization that honors and empowers injured servicemen and women, their caregivers and families. Of the 12,300-plus participants, nearly 600 – including 44 WWP Alumni – teed it up at Troon courses from New York to Hawaii to make meaningful differences in the lives of Wounded Warriors.
Five Oaks Golf & Country Club (Lebanon, TN) led fundraising with $11,170 while Troon North Golf Club (Scottsdale, AZ) welcomed the largest field of 125 golfers with 27 WWP Alumni. Click HERE for a video recap of the World’s Largest Golf Outing at Troon North.
Troon Facilities in #WLGO15 / Total Donations
- Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club (Maricopa, Ariz.) / $2,365
- Centennial Golf Club (Carmel, N.Y.) / $2,875
- Classic Club (Palm Desert, Ca.) / $4,245
- Five Oaks Golf & Country Club (Lebanon, Tenn.) / $11,170
- Princeville Makai Golf Club (Kauai Hawaii) / $3,765
- Old Works (Anaconda, Mont.) / $1,349
- Palmilla Beach Golf Club (Port Aransas, Texas) / $1,650
- Potomac Shores Golf Club (Potomac Shores, Va.) / $580
- The Club at Savannah Harbor (Savannah, Ga.) / $1,819
- Seaview Golf Club (Galloway N.J.) / $8,355
- Troon North Golf Club (Scottsdale, Ariz.) / $8,513
“Congratulations to all fundraising teams and Troon facility event coordinators for helping the World’s Largest Golf Outing eclipse the goal of $1 million raised,” says John Easterbrook, executive vice president of operations for Troon. “We are honored to offer our members a day of fun and altruism in the name of our military and their families.”
For the second consecutive year Troon partnered with Billy Casper Golf, which founded the highly emotional event in 2011, ClubCorp and Toll Golf to cement the World’s Largest Golf Outing as the biggest one-day celebration of golf and charity.
This year’s record-breaking edition saw all-time highs in fundraising ($1 million-plus), golfers (12,377), courses (132) and WWP alumni participation (567). It eclipsed last year’s total of $887,426 raised by 12,100 golfers, including 364 WWP alumni, at 118 courses in 27 states.
For more information: www.Troon.com/WLGO, www.worldslargestgolfouting.com.