(ORLANDO, FL) - If you’re like most golfers, watching Zach Johnson win The Open on the Old Course at St. Andrews rekindled a burning urge to visit the Home of Golf.
This program introduces you to the world of links golf with five rounds of guaranteed golf on St. Andrews Old & New, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, and Crail. That’s as good a lineup as you will ever find in Scotland. All the courses are an easy walk or short drive from your home base in St. Andrews.
For accommodations, Golfpac’s professional travel experts suggest six nights at the wonderful four-star MacDonald Rusacks Hotel, located right along the 18th fairway of the Old Course. Always superbly maintained, the four-star hotel has a traditional Scottish flair with outstanding amenities and public rooms. The hotel originally opened for business in 1887 and continues to impress visitors with its terrific hotel staff, outstanding restaurant, and a lively bar.
From this hotel you can take an easy stroll through the historic streets of St. Andrews. Drink a beer at one of the famous pubs. Have dinner at a wide selection of restaurants. Visit the quaint shops or historic sites in the village. Your days will be full.
The package runs $5,195 per golfer, double occupancy (non-golfers deduct $2,695) and includes:
- 6 nights' hotel accommodations and applicable hotel taxes.SA
- 5 rounds of golf with prepaid green fees.
- Full breakfast daily.
- Scottish welcome and tour briefing (first night).
- Airport meet & greet service.
- Temporary membership to the New Golf Club, overlooking the 18th hole at St. Andrews.
- Brass plaque of your signed St. Andrews Old Course scorecard.
- Use of minivan with automatic transmission (Ford Galaxy or similar) for the entire stay.
- Unlimited mileage, VAT (value added tax), Super CDW (collision damage waiver) and Theft Protection on the rental car.
- Sightseeing guide book.
- Assistance with Golfpac Scotland office.
Prices are based on four people sharing a minivan with automatic transmission (Ford Galaxy or similar) for the entire stay, and is for travel June - September 2016. Please call for other months.
This tour gives you an incredible sample of what golf in Scotland is all about.
For additional information, to customize your own Scottish trip or to reserve your tour space call (800) 523 0007 or visit www.golfpacstandrews.com.