Rose Uses SLDR Driver, Tour Preferred Irons, Ultimate Driving Iron and adidas Golf adicross Gripmore Footwear
(Carlsbad, Calif.) – In his final preparation before The Open Championship, TaylorMade-adidas Golf and Ashworth Golf Tour staffer Justin Rose (@JustinRose99) had all facets of his game under control, winning the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open at Royal Aberdeen over a strong contingent of global challengers.
What You Need to Know:
· Rose kept TaylorMade’s new UDI (Ultimate Driving Iron) in the bag, having first put it into play prior to his victory at Congressional
· Rose’s previous best finish at the Scottish Open was 5th in 2002
· The win is Rose’s 7th European Tour victory and moves to 3rd in OWGR
· Rose’s win is his second this season and the fourth overall for adidas Golf footwear featuring revolutionary gripmore technology, having also been worn by Martin Kaymer during his victories at THE PLAYERS as well as the 114th U.S. Open Championship
· Rose first wore adidas Golf’s adicross gripmore footwear at the WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral
· Rose has been a TaylorMade Golf Staffer since 1999 and an Ashworth Golf Tour Staffer since 2012
Rose again played TaylorMade’s new Ultimate Driving Iron, designed by company engineers for more precision off the tee than traditional fairway woods and more distance than long irons. In addition to Rose, the TaylorMade Tour staff is expecting up to a dozen UDIs will be put into play at the Open Championship this week. In addition to his UDI, Rose again played the Tour Preferred MB irons, which he first added to his bag at the Northern Trust Open.
Complementing his bag full of TaylorMade clubs, Rose wore adidas Golf’s new adicross gripmore footwear, which he first put into play at the WGC-Cadillac Championship and has worn since. An evolution in golf footwear, gripmore technology is an innovation in golf footwear cleat design that combines the performance benefits of spiked and spikeless footwear into one revolutionary technology. Also an Ashworth Golf Tour staffer since 2012, Rose wore Ashworth Golf apparel throughout the tournament.
In Rose’s Bag:
* SLDR 430 Driver (10.5*)
* SLDR Fairway (16.5*)
* Tour Preferred UDI #3 (20*)
* Tour Preferred MB (2014) (4-PW)
* Tour Preferred X Golf Ball
* Tour Preferred ATV Grind Wedge (52*, 58* & 60*)
* White Smoke DA-62 prototype
* adidas Golf adicross gripmore Footwear
* Ashworth Golf Apparel
* TaylorMade TP Glove & headwear