Golf Digest Ranks Garden Isle Courses Among Top 100 in the U.S.
(KAUA‘I, Hawaii) – The Kaua‘i Visitors Bureau announces today that the Prince Course at Princeville Golf Club, Makai Golf Club at Princeville and Poipu Bay Golf Course have been named to Golf Digest’s “Top 100 Public Courses in America 2013-2014” list.
The Prince Course – which reopened last year following an extensive enhancement project – ranked No. 22 on the list, which is based on criteria including design variety, memorability and conditioning. Makai and Poipu Bay debuted at Nos. 80 and 91, respectively.
The three courses were also recognized on the “Best in State” list. Prince Course rated No. 4, Makai No. 10 and Poipu Bay No. 13 among all public and private courses in golf-rich Hawaii.
“These awards confirm Kaua‘i as an excellent golf destination, complementing our beaches, activities and family-friendly atmosphere,” said Sue Kanoho, executive director of the Kaua'i Visitors Bureau. “Along with Kaua‘i Lagoons Golf Club and Puakea Golf Course, our honored courses combine to provide an array of world-class options.”
Value-laden packages abound in Kaua‘i, where these courses and several resorts provide stay-and-play choices.
* Premium Ocean Nine & Wine at Kaua‘i Lagoons Golf Club: During February, couples can enjoy nine holes on the new Kiele Moana Ocean Course with a bottle of wine and cheese for $89 per player, after 3:30 p.m. HST Monday-Sunday. Non-golfers can ride along and enjoy the spectacular views and wine for $25. Call 808.241.6000.
* Grand Slam Package at Poipu Bay Golf Course: Golf three rounds at the former host course of the PGA Grand Slam of Golf for $425, plus tax, a savings of nearly 40%. The rounds must be played within 10 days of purchase. Guests of the adjacent Grand Hyatt Kaua‘i Resort & Spa receive the package for $367, plus tax. Call 1.800.858.6300.
* Ho’okipa Rate at Puakea Golf Course: The Ho’okipa Rate of $79 includes 18 holes at this well-regarded design by Robin Nelson, practice balls and a complimentary rider, with a special rate of $25 for rental clubs. Call 808.245.8756.
* Unlimited Golf at Makai Golf Club at Princeville: Three full days of golf -- as many holes as you can play -- on the 18-hole Makai and 9-hole Woods courses. The three golf days do not have to be consecutive, but must be used within a seven-day period. Price is $435, plus tax. Call 808.826.1912.
* Prince Course at Princeville Golf Club Stay and Play: For $345 per night receive accommodations at The Westin Princeville, two rounds of golf (including cart and bag tag), complimentary rental clubs and a nine-hole round on the date of arrival or departure, based on availability. Call 1-866.716.8140. Offer good through Dec. 31, 2013.
For more information on golf in Kaua‘i “Like” on Facebook at www.facebook.com/KauaiGolf, visit www.gohawaii.com/kauai/experiences/golf or call 1-800-262-1400.