EWGA Championship Semi-Finals Begin June 23
(PALM BEACH GARDENS, FLORIDA) – EWGA (www.ewga.com), the organization enabling current and aspiring business and professional women to connect through golf, will host their 17th Annual Championship Series - the world’s largest women’s amateur golf competition – starting this month.
Last-year’s championship flight winners Rachel Moreaux of San Rafael, Calif. (low gross) and Omaha’s Lynn Muligan (low net); 1st flight winners Julie Bai of Northeast Bay, CA and Sharon Lostaglio of Daytona Beach, FL; 2nd flight winners BJ Reynolds of Charlotte, NC and Joan Adamczyk of Chicago, IL; 3rd flight winners Karen Biscaha of Sacramento, CA and Shirley Vallee of Orlando, FL; 4th flight winners Lin Repola of Sonoma-Marin-Napa, CA and Sheila Woolsey of Jacksonville, FL; along with the winning scramble team from Birmingham, AL; Pia Todora, Terri Henderson, Dianne Young and Sylvia Sumners, will defend their titles through a special exemption to compete in the finals at PGA National Resort & Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla, October 5-6.
“These women are fierce competitors, in golf and in business,” says Pam Swensen, CEO/President of the EWGA. “We look forward to seeing who rises to the top from our national network in 2012.”
Competitors must be a member of any of EWGA’s 130 national chapters to enter, with locations in nearly every U.S. state. Online registration is available via http://www.ewgachampionship.com.
Semi-Final Championships Series
The Championship Semi-Finals consist of an 18-hole round held at 15 regional venues:
* June 23: Raptor Bay Golf Club, Fla. (South and Central Florida region)
* July 7: Lost Canyons Golf Club (Southern California/ Desert Southwest region)
* July 14: Oxmoor Valley/RTJ Trail (North Florida/Southeast region)
* July 14: Little River Golf Club (Carolina, region)
* July 21: Hyatt Hill Country Resort (Texas region)
* July 28: Hot Springs Village (Eastern Midwest region)
* August 4: Yocha Dehe Golf Club (Northern California region)
* August 4: Heatherwoode Golf Club (Ohio region)
* August 11: Harbourtowne Golf Resort (Chesapeake region)
* August 11: Cranbury Golf Club (Metro Northeast region)
* August 18: Quarry Oaks Golf Club (Central Plains region)
* August 18: Hunter’s Ridge Golf Club (Upper Midwest region)
* August 25: Legends on the Niagra- Usshers Creek (Upper Mideast region)
* August 25: Talon’s Cove Golf Course (Pacific Northwest region)
* August 25: Sterling National Country Club (Northeastern region)
* October 5-6: EWGA Championship Finals
The EWGA Championship Final is a two-day, 36-hole tournament held at PGA National Resort and Spa, site of the annual Honda Classic. Players from the 15 Semi-Final competitions who finish 1st low gross, 1st low net or are a member of the winning scramble team are eligible to compete and advance to the Finals.
For scores, updates and more information about the EWGA Championship series, visit www.ewgachampionship.com.
For more information about EWGA and membership, visit www.ewga.com.