Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cheyenne Woods Joins Nike Golf


2011 ACC champ signs multi-year agreement

(BEAVERTON, Ore.) – Nike Golf is proud to announce that two-time All American, Cheyenne Woods, has signed a multi-year agreement with Nike Golf.  She kicked off her professional career as a head-to-toe Nike athlete at this week’s Wegman’s LPGA Championship. Woods represents the Swoosh by using Nike Golf clubs, ball, footwear, glove, bag, apparel, headwear and accessories.

Cheyenne Woods
Woods, the niece of Nike Golf Athlete, Tiger Woods, is a recent graduate of Wake Forest University. In addition to her outstanding junior and college career, Woods earned her Communications degree before turning pro.

The 2011 ACC champ set multiple records in her four years at Wake Forest.  In her senior year, Woods finished with the lowest single-season scoring average in school history at 73.47. She is one of three players in school-history to post three under-par rounds at the same tournament and had the third-most rounds (36) at par or better in school-history.

"Now that I am solely focused on golf, I am eager and ready to make this my career," Woods said of her recent decision to follow a professional career. "Turning pro is what I've dreamed about my entire life. I've been playing since I was 5 years old. The fact that I have the opportunity to turn pro is incredible."

On joining Nike Golf, Woods expressed, “I could not be more excited and proud to represent the Swoosh. Watching Tiger, I have grown up loving the brand and I am thrilled to be a part of the Nike Golf family.”

Mark Thaxton, Global Director of Sports Marketing Operations for Nike Golf, said, "We are excited to welcome Cheyenne into the Nike Golf family. We’re eager to work with her to ensure that she is equipped with the best tools for her success. Woods was a stand-out player for Wake Forest and we are confident she will stand out for Nike Golf as well."

Woods has qualified for the U.S. Women’s Open in July and will participate in LPGA Q-School later this year.

Contact: AmericanGolferBlog@gmail.com

No comments: