Autumn Brings Optimal Conditions, Value-Laden Stay-and-Play Deals
While golf season is fading away in many parts of North America, it’s prime time in Mississippi, where temperate fall and winter weather, excellent courses and value-laden packages make the Magnolia State a highly desirable players’ choice.
A wide variety of course designs – more than 170 – and price points are currently available throughout the state’s five distinct regions (Delta, Hills, Pines, Capital/River, and Coastal).
Below are just a sampling of the many fall stay-and-play packages available right now in Mississippi.
Tunica National Golf & Tennis
Located less than 30 minutes from Memphis, Tunica has been dubbed the “South’s Casino Capital” because of its many casino venues. But it has great golf options too, including Tunica National’s Weekday Golf Package.
• Two-night stay at one of Tunica’s world-class casinos
• Two rounds of golf
• Two lunches at Murphy's Bar and Grill
• Price: $200 per player (Monday through Thursday), $280 (Weekends)
Rates are based on double occupancy and are for groups of eight or more. Taxes are not included. For reservations or more information, call 866.833.6331 or visit www.TunicaNational.com.
Dancing Rabbit Golf Club
Designed by Tom Fazio and Jerry Pate, Dancing Rabbit's Azaleas and Oaks courses have both been ranked as elite courses nationally by top golf publications and are located adjacent to massive Pearl River Resort. The Casino Hotel Golf Package includes:
• A round of golf (including cart) at either The Oaks or The Azaleas Course
• One night accommodation at the Golden Moon Casino Hotel or the Silver Star Casino Hotel
• Breakfast for two
• Price: $163 (Monday through Thursday), $239 (Weekends) per golfer, per night
For reservations or more information call 866.44PEARL (866.447.3275) or visit www.DancingRabbitGolf.com.
Old Waverly Golf Club
Ranked No. 29 on Golf Digest's list of "America's 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses," Old Waverly is a semi-private course designed by Jerry Pate and Bob Cupp. It has played host to the U.S. Women's Open, the Southeastern Conference Championships and the U.S Women's Open Mid-Amateur Championship.
• Rates for a one-night stay in the Corporate Cottages, Garden Court Villas, Waverly Court Condominiums or Scotland Yard begin at just $150.
• Green fees for guests begin at $122 per round
For information call 662.495.5485 or visit www.OldWaverly.com.
For more information or to schedule a visit to Mississippi, go to visitmississippi.org/golf.aspx or call toll-free 866-801-8551.