Danish Brand’s Pioneering Spirit Continues to Drive Market Trends
(Londonderry, New Hampshire) – Danish brand ECCO – a leading global manufacturer of innovative footwear – announces the launch of its men’s Tour Hybrid model, the first-ever crossover model featuring a classic leather upper design atop the company’s award-winning Street outsole.
By combining hand-crafted elegance with advanced shoemaking technologies, ECCO has created a style which uniquely and seamlessly transitions from the boardroom to the car to the country club. Suitable for business and casual settings, Tour Hybrid boasts a patented outsole configuration of approximately 100 molded traction bars and 800-plus traction angles. Constructed from TPU – a highly durable, wear-resistant material – these elements provide superior grip in all conditions.
“It’s in our DNA to pioneer comfort, performance and style trends,” says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. “With each collection, we want to excite the trade and consumer markets while leaving them wondering what will be our next innovation.”
Additional features of the refined new Tour Hybrid include:
* Three distinct upper patterns and several color options to suit a variety of looks
* 100 percent waterproof GORE-TEX and supremely weather resistant Hydromax leathers
* Lining made from Second Skin – the world’s softest leather – which wicks moisture and creates a rich interior feel
* Removable ECCO Comfort Fibre System insole increases air circulation and creates a fresh, cool shoe climate
* Tour Hybrid will begin shipping globally in Q4 2012, with arrivals continuing through early 2013.
* This and other styles from the 2013 ECCO men’s golf collection will be worn in competition by Fred Couples, Graeme McDowell, Thomas Bjorn, Thorbjørn Olesen, Thongchai Jaidee, Stuart Appleby, Bradley Dredge, Andreas Hartø and scores of other Tour stars worldwide.
For more information: visit www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226.