(Covington, Ga.) — Bridgestone Golf, the #1 ball-fitter in golf and a recognized industry innovator, announced today the launch of its new JGR Hybrid Forged Irons at the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show. The new Bridgestone JGR Hybrid Forged Irons use innovative technologies and materials to deliver longer distance and more forgiveness, while maintaining the buttery feel golfers have come to expect from forged irons.
The forgiveness and performance that the JGR Hybrid Forged Irons generate is achieved through three primary technologies:
1. Ultra-thin Face Design
• Crafted from a proprietary metal alloy, Ultimate Strong Metal 2.0 features unparalleled tensile and yield strength in an ultra-thin (1.5mm) face for greater repulsion, forgiveness and longer carry distance.
2. Low and Deep Center-of-Gravity
• Utilizing a unique wide-sole design that resists digging at impact, the center-of-gravity in the JGR irons is located in the extreme lower rear of the club, allowing for incredibly easy, high launching distance.
3. Turbo Rubber Composite Insert
• Bridgestone’s patented insert in the clubhead dampens vibration at impact, further enhancing its soft forged feel and saves discretionary weight to optimize perimeter-weighting forgiveness.
The JGR Hybrid Forged Irons come standard in a set of 6-PW2 with both steel (Nippon NS Pro Zelos 8) and graphite (UST Mamiya Recoil) shaft options. Street Price for steel is $699 and for graphite it is $749. Custom shaft and grip options are available.
The JGR Hybrid Forged Irons will be available at retail on March 4.
Visit www.bridgestonegolf.com to learn more about Bridgestone Golf’s 2016 plans and to view the comprehensive lineup of new products.