Woods wins with 14 Nike clubs in the bag
(BEAVERTON, Ore.) - Nike Athlete Tiger Woods secures his 75th PGA Tour win with a runaway victory at Torrey Pines. He ranks second in all-time PGA Tour career wins.
Helping capture his seventh Farmers Insurance Open victory was his full bag of 14 Nike Golf clubs, including his Nike Method 001 putter. The Method franchise features Nike’s polymetal groove technology, generating a faster forward roll at impact for increased accuracy. The Nike Method technology has been instrumental in Woods’ last five wins.
Relying on Nike’s VR Pro wedges, Woods electrified the crowds around the greens with his vintage-Tiger shot making.
“My short game was back to how I know it can be,” said Woods. “That allowed me to save some pars, save some birdies, and move my way up the leaderboard.”
In addition to featuring Nike Golf apparel from the Tiger Woods Collection, Woods also wore the Nike FREE-inspired TW ’13 footwear.
Nike Golf is off to a solid start in 2013 having won two of the first four events on the PGA Tour with Russell Henley and Woods, respectively. On the PGA European Tour, Nike athlete Scott Jamieson claimed the Nelson Mandela Championship title and new Nike athlete, Thorbjørn Olesen finished tied for second at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship.
Woods’ Nike Golf Arsenal
* Driver: Nike VR Tour 8.5-degree (Graphite Design DI 6X)
* Fairway Wood: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 3-wood/15-degree and Nike SQ II 5-wood/19-degree
* Irons: Nike VR Pro Blade (3-PW)
* Wedges: Nike VR Pro 56-degree and 60-degree
* Putter: Nike Method 001
* Ball: Nike ONE Tour D
* Footwear: Nike TW’13
* Apparel: Nike Golf Tiger Woods Collection
Nike Golf’s 2013 PGA Tour Victories
* Tiger Woods – Farmers Insurance Open
* Russell Henley - Sony Open
Nike Golf’s 2013 International Victories
* Scott Jamieson – The Nelson Mandela Championship (European Tour)