Ultimate Walking Comfort Ensured by Lightweight, Flexible and Low-Profile Design Featuring Patented Street Outsole
(Londonderry, NH) - Danish brand ECCO - a leading global manufacturer of innovative footwear - launched BIOM Zero, its most minimal golf shoe ever, at the 2013 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, FL.
Offered as a limited-edition style in two colors and available to ship immediately, BIOM Zero weighs less than 10 ounces, making it the lightest golf shoe ECCO has produced. Built atop the patented Street outsole featuring the ECCO dynamic traction system (E-dts), its unique, direct-injected construction showcases unrivalled flexibility and an exceptionally low profile. These combine to provide full-length foot support and a Natural Motion experience that benefits the wearer.
"Our brand has been heralded for redefining comfort and now we're taking that to the next level," says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. "We named BIOM Zero after the zero heel drop, but also because it's as close as you can get to a golf shoe that feels like wearing nothing and playing barefoot."
Additional features and benefits of BIOM Zero include:
* BIOM Technology - Anatomical shoe last that promotes a natural foot position
* Low-Profile - Closest to the ground of any ECCO golf shoe
* Caldera Leather Uppers - Full grain, stain resistant and easy-to-clean
* Hydromax - Premium, tanned-in water-resistant treatment guaranteed to last
* Second Skin Leather Lining - Wicks moisture while creating a rich, supple interior
* Direct Injected Midsole - A process, unique to ECCO in golf, that provides superior cushioning, stability and comfort via a one-piece shoe built without glue or stitching
The BIOM Zero retails for $190.
ECCO golf shoes are preferred by discerning players worldwide, and worn in competition by scores of Tour stars, including Fred Couples, Graeme McDowell, Thomas Bjorn, Thongchai Jaidee, Stuart Appleby, Andreas Hartø, Belén Mozo, Gerina Piller, Caroline Masson and Line Vedel Hansen.
ECCO USA is based in Londonderry, New Hampshire. For more information: www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226.