Thursday, April 26, 2012
Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains participate in Welcome to Golf Month
www.poconosgolf.com for more information.
May is Welcome to Golf Month
Play Golf America has dedicated May to those who want to get in the game. Below are a series of ways area golfers can learn to play in the Pocono Mountains:
• Split Rock will host ladies golf clinics on May 11 and May 18 for those that want to get in the game. See their new website at www.golfsplitrock.com for more information.
• Mount Airy Golf Club has scheduled a short-game clinic on Saturday, May 5 at 9:30 am. Cost is $20 and includes a $10 slot voucher. Call 570-243-5240 for reservations.
• Skytop Lodge is now accepting reservations for its Ladies Golf For Fun Schools, starting May 5. The three-hour sessions will be held on Wednesdays and Saturdays through the season for $95, and include complimentary golf after 3 p.m. Call 570-595-8910 for more information.
• Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort will host a Get Golf Ready program starting Thursday nights in May. The five one-hour lessons cost $99 and are open to all. Call the Shawnee pro shop for more information at (570) 424-4000 for more information
The collection of courses has also released May golf specials for moms and regional golfers:
• Take Mom to Mount Airy Golf Club: Mom pays $20 cart fee only on Mother's Day. Mount Airy has a series of May specials as well, including Ladies Day Mondays for $35, Slot and Golf Tuesdays for $40 (includes a $40 slot voucher) and more.
• Mother's Day and Play Golf Free at Shawnee - Ends April 26: There are a few days left on the season opener promotion: overnight rates with one round of golf start at $69. Moms can play free on Mother's Day with a paying adult.
• Fernwood Spring Golf Fling: Enjoy 2 rounds of golf, and villa accommodations, starting at $96 per person per night, through June 17.
• Skytop's Mulligan Package: Enjoy unlimited golf for two people, plus room and three meals per night's stay, starting at $340 per night.
• Hideaway Hills April Special: Play Hideaway Hills for $30 weekdays and $35 weekends through April 28. In May, play for $46 midweek and $59 on weekends.
• Golf Split Rock by May 10: Enjoy early season rates starting at $139 for a round of golf, room, breakfast and dinner.
• Woodloch Wants You to Stay and Play: enjoy a round of golf, overnight accommodations, dinner, 10% discount in the pro shop, plus access to all Woodloch amenities and entertainment, starting at $203 per night.
• The 2012 Golf A Round Card is now being sold at www.poconosgolf.com, offering two $25 rounds at eight Pocono Mountain courses for only $40.
For more information on Pocono Mountains courses, stay and play packages and experiences, see www.poconosgolf.com.