Introduction of Ultimate Itinerary Videos Help Plan Step-by-Step Travel to Top Golf Destinations
(ORLANDO, Fla.) – Traveling has never been easier or more convenient for those who love to tee it up, with new concierge-like perks and benefits introduced today through the GOLFPASS digital golf membership.
ULTIMATE ITINERARY: Launching today is Ultimate Itinerary, a new video series helping GOLFPASS members plan their next trip. Hosted by members of GOLF Advisor’s editorial team – who have teed it up on more than 10,000 golf courses around the world – Ultimate Itinerary is being introduced initially with three- and five-day itineraries of 10 featured destinations. Each of the 20 videos provides expert advice and recommendations about the best courses to play, places to stay and eat, and local attractions that can create the ideal golf trip. Each video also has an accompanying printable version. The introductory list of destinations includes:
- Austin, Texas
- Chicago, Ill.
- Napa Valley, Calif.
- New England
- Northern Michigan
- Orlando, Fla.
- Pebble Beach, Calif.
- San Diego, Calif.
- San Francisco, Calif.
- Scottsdale, Ariz.
TRIP MANAGER TECHNOLOGY: Alleviating the burden of organizing golf trips is Trip Manager by GOLF Advisor and its accompanying easy-to-use app. Trip Manager, now included at no charge with any GOLFPASS membership, has historically cost a user without a GOLFPASS membership $249 per use. The technology allows a trip organizer to set up a customized communications portal that hosts travel logistics, player information, tee sheets, tournament results, purse payouts and other content of the user’s choosing. The trip portal also serves as a digital memory book that can store photos and more. Popular functions include the ability to organize pairings and create competitive tournament and playing formats, as well as share live, mobile scoring and leaderboards. There’s also a trip accountant feature that makes it easy to track and reconcile trip expenses among the group.
GOLF Advisor Managing Editor Brandon Tucker used Trip Manager extensively on his recent buddies trip to San Diego and wrote about his experience HERE.
TRAVEL CREDITS: The Sea Pines Resort in Hilton Head, S.C., and Silverado Resort in Napa Valley, Calif., have joined the list of renowned destinations offering GOLFPASS members $100 in travel credit, plus complimentary range balls, when booking a package. The list of top resorts offering credits includes:
- The Biltmore (Florida)
- Sea Island (Georgia)
- Streamsong Resort (Florida)
- Reynolds Lake Oconee (Georgia)
- Red Sky Ranch and Golf Club (Colorado)
- Turning Stone Resort (New York)
- Mission Inn Resort (Florida)
- Saddlebrook Resort (Florida)
- The Sea Pines Resort – Harbour Town (Hilton Head, S.C.)
- Silverado Resort (Napa Valley, Calif.)
- Talamore Golf Resort (Southern Pines, N.C.)
- Destination Kohler - Whistling Straits (Wisconsin) – site of the 2020 Ryder Cup
GOLFPASS members also can receive $100 credit when booking select travel package through Troon Golf Vacations, which is officially licensed by GOLF Advisor Travel. Additionally, GOLFPASS members receive up to $200 credit on trips with Golfbreaks customized vacations to international destination resorts like Celtic Manor Golf Resort, Fairmont St. Andrews, and Belton Woods; and up to $100 credit on domestic travel. Groups of eight or more receive double the benefits.
TRAVEL WITH GOLF CHANNEL PERSONALITIES: GOLFPASS members who would rather someone else do all the work can travel with a GOLF personality, get priority booking and save $100 in the process. GOLF Advisor Getaways for individuals and groups visit destinations featured on the GOLF Advisor Round Trip series on GOLF Channel. GOLF Advisor personalities serve as host and trip “captain” and are responsible for organizing itineraries that not only include great golf, but also destination side-trips, entertainment and varied dining experiences. Upcoming GOLF Advisor Getaways in 2019 include:
Aug. 25-28 Turning Stone Resort (N.Y.) Host: Matt Ginella
Sept. 19-21 Sandestin (Florida) Host: Matt Ginella
Sept. 29-Oct. 1 Sweetens Cove (Tennessee) Host: Bradley S. Klein
Nov. 14-18 Atlantis (Bahamas) Host: Matt Ginella
Dec. 1-7 Maui (Hawaii) Host: Matt Ginella
MORE FEATURE BENEFITS: GOLFPASS member always have had access to a generous selection of travel benefits, which also include:
- Ability to watch every episode in the GOLF Advisor Round Trip library. The popular series, hosted by Matt Ginella and airing on GOLF Channel, travels the globe showcasing unique golf destinations, resorts and amenities.
- Access to insider travel articles penned by GOLF Advisor’s experienced editorial staff, as well as any back issue of the Golf Odyssey newsletter.
- Personalized, one-on-one travel planning through a dedicated GOLFPASS support line.
- Exclusive travel videos, including the Toughest Tracks series, where top golfers, celebrities and GOLF talent show viewers how to navigate some of the hardest holes in golf.
A GOLFPASS membership is available in North America at GOLFPASS.com, and in the U.K. and Republic of Ireland at GOLFPASS.co.uk.