World Long Drive Championship Finals Airing at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday Night Live on Golf Channel
(THACKERVILLE, Okla.) – The field is set for the remaining 16 competitors at the 2016 World Long Drive Championship, with live coverage airing on back-to-back nights in primetime and under the lights on Golf Channel, Tuesday-Wednesday (Oct. 11-12) at 8 p.m. ET from WinStar World Casino and Resort. Advancing earlier today from the round of 32 in a best-of-three sets, head-to-head match play bracket format, the 16 players include three No. 1 seeds, three former World Long Drive Champions – including two-time winner (2013, 2015) and defending champion Tim Burke – and seven competitors returning from the round of 16 at the 2015 competition.
Round of 16 Matchups (8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Oct. 11):
(1) Will Hogue (Colliervielle, Tenn.) vs. (4) Paul Howell (Wilson, N.C.)
(3) Maurice Allen (Pine Hills, Fla.) vs. (7) Justin Moose (Columbia, S.C.)
(1) Tim Burke (Orlando, Fla., 2013 & ’15 champion) vs. (4) Justin James (Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.)
(2) Trent Scruggs (Hickory, N.C.) vs. (3) Jeff Flagg (Chicago, Ill., 2014 champion)
(13) Steve Monroe (Clearwater, Fla.) vs. (16) Mitch Dobbyn (Arlington, Texas)
(2) Joe Miller (United Kingdom, 2010 champion) vs. (6) Glenn Wilson Jr. (Houston, Texas)
(1) Tommy Hug (Orange County, Calif.) vs. (5) Justin Young (Mayberry, N.C.)
(6) Jason Eslinger (Forney, Texas) vs. (7)Ryan Steenberg (Rochester, N.Y.)
The field will compete for a $260,000 purse, with $125,000 awarded to the eventual champion. Additionally, the winner will receive a customized Championship belt, built by renowned Orange County Choppers, featured on the popular reality TV show on Discovery, American Chopper.
BROADCAST TEAM: Golf Channel’s Bob Papa will conduct play-by-play, while Michael Breed – host of The Golf Fix – will serve as analyst, and Jerry Foltz will handle interviews. Art Sellinger – long-drive pioneer, two-time national long-drive champion and founder of the Long Drivers of America – also will be on hand to provide an analyst perspective and offer additional background on the competitors.
COVERAGE: Golf Channel will feature back-to-back nights of live coverage of the 2016 World Long Drive Championship, airing in primetime on Tuesday-Wednesday from 8-10 p.m. ET. Prior to and immediately following on-site event coverage each night, the network will dedicate live, 60-minute Golf Central shows, previewing and recapping the matchups, which will include analysis of the competition and interviews with competitors in the field.
Round of 32 Results:
(1) Will Hogue def. (9) Nick Kiefer: 2-1
(4) Paul Howell def. (12) Curtis Urniezius: 2-0
(7) Justin Moose def. (2) Jeff Crittenden: 2-1
(3) Maurice Allen def. (6) Matt Hanger: 2-0
(1) Tim Burke def. (9) Scott Beaven: 2-0
(4) Justin James def. (5) Jeff Gavin: 2-0
(2) Trent Scruggs def. (7) Emil Rosberg: 2-0
(3) Jeff Flagg def. (6) Patrick Hopper: 2-0
(16) Mitch Dobbyn def. (8) Troy Teal: 2-1
(13) Steve Monroe def. (5) Ben Tuaone: 2-0
(2) Joe Miller def. (7) Dan McIntosh: 2-1
(6) Glenn Wilson Jr. def. (3) Ryan Winther: 2-1
(1) Tommy Hug def. (9) Carl Wolter: 2-1
(5) Justin Young def. (4) Landon Gentry: 2-1
(7) Ryan Steenberg def. (18) Heath Johnson: 2-0
(6) Jason Eslinger def. (14) Rob Tiettmeyer: 2-1