Monday, October 24, 2016
Minjee Lee Wins Third Career LPGA Event Using New Cleveland Golf RTX-3 Wedges
“It was a good fight out there, and I fought to the end,” Lee said. “[On 18] I thought to myself, ‘I need to make birdie here.’ I just put myself in good spots and then I ended up making birdie. Just stuck to my game plan.”
Lee earned $315,000 for the win, climbing to 10th on the LPGA official money list with $1,164,514 and 15th in the Rolex Rankings.
This marks the first LPGA Tour victory for the new Cleveland Golf RTX-3 wedges. Lee has three RTX-3 Tour Raw wedges in the bag: 50° V-MG, 54° V-MG and 58° V-LG. The new RTX-3 wedges feature three innovations to help players get closer to the hole than any wedge Cleveland has ever made: Feel Balancing Technology, V Sole grinds, and the third-generation Rotex Face.
Minjee Lee won the Blue Bay LPGA with the following equipment:
· XXIO8 driver (9.5°) with Miyazaki Kusala Blue 61R shaft;
· XXIO8 3-wood (15°) with Miyazaki Kusala Blue 61R shaft;
· Srixon Z H45 3-hybrid (19°) with Miyazaki Kusala Blue 61R shaft;
· Srixon Z U45 4-utility iron (23°) with Aerotech SteelFiber i80cw S-flex shaft;
· Srixon Z 745 irons (5-PW) with Aerotech SteelFiber i80cw S-flex shafts;
·Cleveland Golf RTX-3 Tour Raw wedges: 50° V-MG, 54° V-MG, 58° V-LG with Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH R-flex shafts; and a
· Srixon Z-STAR golf ball. Lee has used the Z-STAR golf ball since turning professional and always makes sure she is using a ball with a “1” on it.
For additional information on Srixon / Cleveland / XXIO products and staff players, visit the following sites: www.srixon.com, www.clevelandgolf.com, and www.xxiousa.com.