Saturday, October 8, 2016
2016: A Year of Success on the PGA Tour with the #1 Ball in Golf
During that same time Titleist golf ball players recorded 21 victories, compared to 8 for the nearest competitor.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE SEASON:
- Of the 21 victories recorded by Titleist golf ball players during the 2015-16 PGA Tour season, 10 were achieved by Titleist Brand Ambassadors who also relied on Titleist golf clubs for their success.
Titleist Brand Ambassador Jimmy Walker (Pro V1x) captured his first major title, winning the PGA Championship at Baltusrol Golf Club. Titleist golf ball loyalist Henrik Stenson (Pro V1) also captured his first career major in 2016, topping the field at Royal Troon to win the Open Championship.
- Titleist Brand Ambassadors Adam Scott (Pro V1) and Jordan Spieth (Pro V1x) enjoyed multiple wins in 2015-2016. Spieth rang in the New Year with a win at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions and then claimed the crown at the Dean & Deluca Championship. Scott won back-to-back during the Florida swing, following up his win at the Honda Classic with a victory at the WCG-Cadillac Championship the very next week.
- Titleist Brand Ambassador Greg Chalmers (Pro V1x) became the first player to win on the PGA Tour with the new Titleist 917 driver. In July, Chalmers captured the first PGA Tour title of his career at the Barracuda Championship in Reno, relying on a new 917D2 (8.5°) model. Chalmers spoke about his 917D2 after the win, saying, “Thanks to Titleist I’ve got that new driver, the 917, and I gained some yardage and I started driving it straighter. I drove it beautifully. I really did drive it nicely so a big thank you to them.”
- Titleist Brand Ambassadors Justin Thomas (Pro V1x), Peter Malnati (Pro V1x) and Greg Chalmers (Pro V1x) all enjoyed their maiden victories on the PGA Tour in 2016, as did Titleist golf ball loyalists Kevin Kisner (Pro V1), Jim Herman (Pro V1), Brian Stuard (Pro V1x) and Daniel Berger (Pro V1x).
Check out all of the wins below and congratulations again to all of #TeamTitleist for a great year!
PGA TOUR WINS (21)
* CIMB Classic Justin Thomas Pro V1x
* Sanderson Farms Championship Peter Malnati Pro V1x
* RSM Classic Kevin Kisner Pro V1
* Hyundai Tournament of Champions Jordan Spieth Pro V1x
* Sony Open in Hawaii Fabian Gomez Pro V1x
* CareerBuilder Challenge Jason Dufner Pro V1
* AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am Vaughn Taylor Pro V1x
* Northern Trust Open Bubba Watson Pro V1x
* Honda Classic Adam Scott Pro V1
* WGC-Cadillac Championship Adam Scott Pro V1
* Shell Houston Open Jim Herman Pro V1
* RBC Heritage Winner Pro V1x
* Valero Texas Open Charley Hoffman Pro V1
* Zurich Classic of New Orleans Brian Stuard Pro V1x
* Wells Fargo Championship James Hahn Pro V1x
* Dean & DeLuca Invitational Jordan Spieth Pro V1x
* FedEx St. Jude Classic Daniel Berger Pro V1x
* Barracuda Championship Greg Chalmers Pro V1x
* Barbasol Championship Aaron Baddeley Pro V1x
* The 98th PGA Championship Jimmy Walker Pro V1x
* John Deere Classic Ryan Moore Pro V1x
- Titleist golf ball loyalists recorded 293 top-10 finishes during the 2015-2016 season, led by Titleist golf ball loyalist Ryan Moore (Pro V1x), who tied for 5th on Tour with nine top-10s this year.
- Titleist golf ball players hit 65% of greens in regulation during the 2015-2016 PGA Tour season. Titleist golf ball loyalist Lucas Glover (Pro V1x) led the Tour, hitting the green on 72% of his approach shots.
- During the 2015-2016 season, PGA Tour players averaged 35' 9" in proximity to the hole on their approach shots. Titleist Brand Ambassador Adam Scott (Pro V1x) beat that mark by over 3 feet, leading the Tour with an average of 32' 5".
- Titleist golf ball loyalists finished 1-2-3 in scrambling during the 2015-2016 campaign, led by the short game wizardry of Titleist Brand Ambassador Steve Stricker, who got up and down 66.01% of the time. Titleist Brand Ambassador Bryce Molder (Pro V1x) finished just behind Stricker, at 65.38%, followed by Titleist golf ball loyalist Alex Cejka (Pro V1x) at 65.03%. The Tour average was 58.4%.
- Titleist Brand Ambassador Bryce Molder (Pro V1x) also ranked among Tour leaders in hole-outs in 2015-2016. He ranked 2nd this season, holing out 21 times from off the green. The longest hole-out of the year came from Titleist golf ball loyalist Jason Gore (Pro V1), who aced the 250-yard 18th hole during third-round action at this year's Farmer's Insurance Open.
- Titleist golf ball players made 9,015 birdies in 2015-2016, led by Titleist golf ball loyalist Kyle Reifers (Pro V1), who made 389 birdies in 115 rounds this year (3.38 birdies/round).
- Titleist Brand Ambassador Ben Martin (Pro V1x) led the PGA Tour in eagles in 2015-2016 with 16 over the course of 92 rounds played.
- Titleist golf ball loyalist Charles Howell III (Pro V1x) played in 25 events in 2015-2016 and he led the Tour with 45 rounds in the 60's!
- PGA Tour players trusting a Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball in 2015-2016 averaged 290.01 yards off the tee, led by Titleist golf ball loyalist Bubba Watson (Pro V1x), who ranked 4th with an average of 310.6 yards. He was followed closely by Titleist Brand Ambasador Andrew Loupe (Pro V1x, 917D2 driver), who ranked 5th with a 309.3 yard average.
- Speaking of long drives on Tour in 2015-2016, Titleist Brand Ambassador Justin Thomas (Pro V1x, 917D3 driver) recorded the longest drive of the year, mashing a 414-yard drive at WGC-Firestone!