(HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C.) - Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, named a Top 20 Best Resort in the South by Conde Nast Traveler this month, is open and both booking and hosting guests after Hurricane Matthew passed over in early October. While some resort operations are still undergoing clean-up, most functionality is already back to normal.
The team at Palmetto Dunes has been working hard to get the award-winning property up and running as soon as possible. Most of the damage is in the form of fallen trees and landscaping on the golf courses with very little impact on buildings or structures.
“While there is still some clearing and clean-up to be done, the storm is past, and in fact, we have seen some glorious warm and sunny days here on Hilton Head Island,” says Brad Marra, vice president of resort operations at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. “We want our guests to know Palmetto Dunes has weathered the storm and is ready to welcome our friends back to their home away from home. On the upside, it has produced some great shelling on our beautiful beaches!”
Here is a complete list of the status of various resort operations:
- Homes & Villas rentals managed by Palmetto Dunes - Open to guests and accepting reservations.
- Palmetto Dunes Tennis & Pickleball Center – Open for court times, lessons, clinics and tournaments.
- Hilton Head Outfitters – Bike rentals open, annual Warehouse Sale moved to November 5 from 8 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- Golf Courses - Due to damage from fallen trees, all three award-winning golf courses are scheduled for a late November or early December opening.
- Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza – Reopens Monday, October 24 from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily.
- Dunes House Bar & Grill – Reopens Monday, October 24 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina – Restaurants that are open include Bucci’s Italian Cuisine, Mediterranean Harbour Bar & Grill, San Miguel’s, ELA’s Blu Water Grille and Bistro 17. Plus all shops are open, as well.
For information about activities or reservations, call 877-567-6513 or visit www.palmettodunes.com.