Content to Highlight Beginner Programs, Women-Friendly Courses, Networking Events
(ORLANDO, Fla.) – World Golf Foundation – the non-profit organization that develops and supports initiatives that positively impact lives through the game of golf and its traditional values – today at the PGA Merchandise Show launches a new women’s website, www.GolfForHer.com, designed to increase women’s participation in the game.
Select website features:
· Individual sections for new players, recreational players, competitive players and juniors.
· Details on beginner programs, such as Get Golf Ready, which starts at $99 for five group lessons.
· Information on women’s networking opportunities, golf outings and charity events across the country.
· Tips about rules of the game, etiquette, equipment and instruction.
· News updates from women’s professional, collegiate, amateur and junior golf.
· Information on America’s best women-friendly golf courses and female instructors.
· Live social media feeds with real-time updates, spurring direct connectivity to the sources that matter to women golfers.
“The ‘Golf For Her’ website is an engaging tool to introduce new and encourage existing female players by showcasing the fun, networking and lifestyle aspects of the game,” says Steve Mona, CEO of World Golf Foundation. “We strive to make it an innovative and appealing content aggregator for women golfers to visit and refer to others. The focus will be fresh, organized information while also embracing the emotional and human interest side of the game.”
“This a place where women golfers can find answers to their questions,” says GolfForHer.com launch ambassador Stacy Lewis, the No.1 player in women’s golf. “We’re all so quick to jump on the internet these days for answers, so this site makes perfect sense. Anything we can do to get more women into the game and to help them be more comfortable on the course is great.”
Lewis’ tips for new women golfers, juniors and parents will be featured in several sections throughout the site.
To visit the new website, go to www.GolfForHer.com.
About World Golf Foundation
The World Golf Foundation (WGF) is a nonprofit organization that develops and supports initiatives that positively impact lives through the game of golf and its traditional values. The Foundation, which was founded in 1993 and is supported by major international golf organizations and professional Tours, provides oversight to World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum, The First Tee, GOLF 20/20 and other industry initiatives in support of its mission. As sole founding partner of the World Golf Foundation, Shell Oil Company provides financial support and plays a lead role in charitable initiatives aimed at introducing golf to young people, and through the golf experience promotes scholastic achievement, community service and those values intrinsic to the game of golf: honesty, integrity and sportsmanship.
For more information about the WGF, visit www.worldgolffoundation.org.