Two dozen of country music's brightest and biggest stars will combine music and fun on the links to raise well over $100k for children in the greater Sacramento region
The Haggin Oaks Golf Complex is thrilled to be partnering with KNCI 105.1 FM and hosting the 6th Annual Golf & Guitars Music Festival and Children's Charity Concert May 20 and May 21.
And for the first time ever, they're featuring different performers on each night of the concert series. The hottest acts in country music and the up-and-coming artists you'll soon see topping the charts are all donating their time to help raise funds for two local children's charities during the 2013 Golf and Guitars KNCI Music Festival.
* The Website: www.golfandguitars.com
* The Course: The Alister MacKenzie GC at Haggin Oaks
* The Dates: May 20 and 21 (tournament on day two)
* Ticket Prices
-One Night Ticket: $22
-Ticket to Both Nights: $35 (Save $9!)
-VIP Ticket: $150 - VIP Tickets include designated concert seating, a Golf and Guitars hat, buffet dinner and a non-alcoholic drink ticket for both nights
-Golf Tournament Spots: $350
The Morton Golf Foundation
The mission of the Morton Golf Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charity, is to provide golf programs that provide exercise in a healthy outdoor environment, to create a recreational environment that builds lasting personal development and that seamlessly introduces life's core values of the great game of golf to the youth, disabled and underserved communities in the Sacramento region.
Jenna and Patrick's Hope Foundation
This foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization is in existence to help us find a cure for cystinosis. The foundation provides fundraising and marketing resources to strengthen nonprofit organizations and benefit local children and youth programs. Cystinosis is a rare metabolic disease that affects approximately 500 people in the United States (mostly children),and about 2,000 people worldwide. This disease causes the amino acid "cystine" to accumulate in the cells of the body. Over time, the cystine damages various organs including the kidneys, liver, muscles, white blood cells, eyes, and central nervous system. Other complications include muscle wasting, growth loss, difficulty swallowing, and developmental delays.
* Montgomery Gentry - This duo is headlining Tuesday night's Golf and Guitar's KNCI Music Festival. This duo has had a notable career, complete with fourteen Top 10 singles, including five No. 1s, "Something To Be Proud Of," "If You Ever Stop Loving Me," Lucky Man," "Back When I Knew It All" and "Roll With Me". Their newest collection, Rebels on the Run promises to bring "Montgomery Gentry fans back to the beginning, but with a fresh attitude."
* Joe Nichols - Four Grammy nominations, a CMA Album of the Year nomination and a stream of chart topping hits, including "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off", "Gimmie That Girl" and "Brokenheartsville" will make Joe a welcome addition to the 2013 Golf and Guitars KNCI Music Festival!
* Jack Ingram - Jack has been a longtime host of Golf and Guitars and we are thrilled he is back for another year! In 2008, Jack Ingram won the 2008 Academy of Country Music award for "Best New Male Vocalist" and we can look forward to hearing new music from his latest album Big Dreams and High Hopes.
* Joey + Rory - Joey and Rory first made a splash when they signed up for CMT's 2008 Can You Duet and placed third in the competition. Many may know them best from their hit single "Cheater Cheater" but they are finding new fans each week on their new weekly variety show, The Joey+Rory Show on RFD-TV which is filmed entirely on their quaint farm and family-owned cafe Marcy Jo's Mealhouse.
* Thomas Rhett - His first single, "Something To Do With My Hands" will quickly reveal why every record company that Thomas auditioned for wanted to sign him. There is an urban streak and a mixture of country and rock in his music- a combination that is definitely driving the direction of country music today.
* Chris Cagle - Chris has two gold albums, two No. 1 albums and 12 charted songs, including "I Breathe In, I Breathe Out". In 2012, Chris released his latest album, Back in the Saddle.
* Joanna Smith - Joanna is comfortable performing on stage. That has always been her dream! You can look forward to hearing her perform her sultry ballad,"We Can't Be Friends" on our stage Monday night!Greg Bates - A relative newcomer to Nashville, Greg made his Grand Ole Opry debut in April 2012. His first single, "Did It for the Girl" was released in 2012 and the second single, "Fill in the Blank" is brand new to country radio!
* Brett Eldredge - Brett is another favorite and repeat performer at Golf and Guitars. His 2010 debut, "Raymond" was inspired by Brett's own grandmother and I still remember him performing it in concert at our show. His current single "Don't Ya" shows off Brett's incredibly sexy baritone - he'll be a fun one to watch!
* Jerrod Niemann - You know Jerrod from his No. 1 hit "Lover, Lover" and his Top 5 single, "What Do You Want". At Golf and Guitars, you can also look forward to hearing new music from his latest album, Free The Music, which defines how Jerrod feels about country today.
* Maggie Rose - Maggie may be a new introduction to our line-up, but I know we'll remember her name after we hear her sing! Her album, Cut to Impress, will be released on March 26th and the title of the album comes from a lyric in the second verse of her song, "Mostly Bad."
* Jason Michael Carroll - Jason has been a fabulous supporter of Golf and Guitars in the past and we are thrilled to welcome him back again in 2013! His unmistakable deep voice and undeniable talents can be found on his hits "I Can Sleep When I'm Dead", "Livin' Our Love Song" and "Alyssa Lies".
* Kristen Kelly - Kristen's first single "Ex-Old Man" was released in 2012 and her new single, "He Loves to Make Me Cry" just came out in February. Kristen's biggest influence is Merle Haggard. We look forward to welcoming her to Sacramento in May!
* Dustin Lynch - If you were at last year's Golf and Guitars, then you remember "Cowboys and Angels" being performed and the performance was outstanding! This year, let's rock out to his newest single, "She Cranks My Tractor".
* Chuck Wicks - I think Chuck could run Golf and Guitars for us - he has been a staunch supporter of our event for many years and he always proves to be a crowd favorite among the ladies. He has a fabulous sense of humor and I really think we should give him a Flip camera and turn him loose in the crowd - I'm sure he'd capture some great interviews for us again! Perhaps best known for his hit songs, "Stealing Cinderella" and "All I Ever Wanted", Chuck has announced that he will be releasing a new EP Rough on April 2nd.
* Canaan Smith - If you were a Golf and Guitars VIP ticket holder in 2012, then Canaan's name might sound familiar because he performed during our Pairings Party last year. Otherwise, you may have caught him on tour with Love and Theft. Canaan's lastest single, "We Got Us" was released last year and he was a contestant during the 15th season of The Amazing Race. Cool trivia fact!
* Love & Theft - Love and Theft has had a number of hit singles, including "Runaway", "Dancing in Circles" and the No. 1 hit "Angel Eyes". This year, they have also been nominated for the ACM vocal Duo of the Year - let's cheer them on!
* And the pre-show entertainer on day one, Heidi Feek, has songwriting and performing royalty in her blood. She is the daughter of Rory Feek and Joey Martin of Joey + Rory and her beautiful voice and fantastic songwriting skills will be on display starting at 5 p.m. on May 20.
* Pre-show entertainers on day two, Summerlin Road, will be another great highlight of the night. Johnny Bulford is the pen behind Lee Brice's "A Woman Like You" and his duo partner Chris Roberts was formerly with One Flew South. Together, they make up the duo Summerlin Road with Warner-Chappel Publishing.