Friday, December 14, 2018
Bob Vokey Launches New HandGround Program on Vokey.com
For golfers seeking tour-level customizations such as additional heel relief, a squared up leading edge, or Bob’s popular tour grind, the HandGround program is the answer.
For the last year, Bob has personally trained two grinders on all of the performance and profile adjustments that have resulted from his more than two decades of work with the world’s best players.
Bob’s passion for building relationships with individual players is the essence of the Vokey brand. Voke takes the time to listen to a player’s wants and, more importantly, their needs, when hitting wedge shots. He then takes this information back to the tour truck and starts grinding heads. The process can be lengthy, but when it is done right, it is worth the wait.
Bob will oversee the entire HandGround process – located in a new workspace adjacent to the Titleist Tour Department, inside the Titleist Golf Club headquarters in Carlsbad, Calif. – and, from time to time, will also grind HandGround orders himself.
QUOTING BOB VOKEY: “This takes me back to my roots - one player at a time, one wedge at a time, crafting the sole to the player's exact specifications.”
HANDGROUND OPTIONS: In selecting the HandGround option – currently available on all Vokey SM7 Raw models, the preferred finish of tour players worldwide – golfers will be able to choose from a variety of performance and profile adjustments (two adjustments maximum).
• Performance adjustments: As course conditions change, tour players make adjustments to their wedges to improve turf interaction by grinding material off the sole of the wedge. These grinds allow the player to change the wedge’s playing characteristics based on their unique swingtype and course conditions resulting in finely tuned performance.
Performance adjustments include:
- Pre-Worn Leading Edge
- Smooth Grind Lines
- Heel Relief
- Trailing Edge Relief
• Profile adjustments: Having the right head shape inspires confidence. Voke works with tour players to dial-in the head shape that fits each player’s eye. Profile adjustments allow the golfer to design a confidence-inspiring head shape by grinding material off the profile.
Profile adjustments include:
- Semi-Square Leading Edge
- Thin Top Line
- Tour Grind (smooths all profile lines & slightly reduces profile size)
For detailed explanations of each performance and profile adjustment, click here: https://www.vokey.com/nav/handground.aspx
HANDGROUND SETS: With F, K and L Grind wedges, golfers also have the option to make specific grind selections:
- F Grind: Make it an S Grind. For example, golfers that prefer their 52.12 F gap wedge to have a touch more versatility greenside may enjoy this option.
- K Grind: Make it a J Grind (Heel & trailing edge relief)
- L Grind: Make it an A Grind (Smooth the grind lines)
ON THE WEB: https://www.vokey.com/nav/handground.aspx
AVAILABILITY: HandGround wedges are now available on all SM7 Raw models through Vokey.com. SM7 Raw wedges – including BV Wings grip and 10-character stamping – start at $195. There is an additional $75 charge for HandGround services.