Friday, April 8, 2016

If You Think Your Job is a Pain in the Neck – You May Be Right

(SUBMITTED ARTICLE) - Going to work each day puts more wear and tear on the body than most people realize.

And that’s true even when their 40-hour work week requires nothing more than the seemingly safe activity of sitting at a desk all day.

“We tend to think that people with active lifestyles – the weekend warrior types – are the only ones who have to worry about physical injuries,” says Dr. Vladimir Alexander, an orthopedic surgeon and founder of Alexander Orthopaedic Associates (www.alexanderorthopaedics.com).

“But sitting in front of a computer all day also can lead to numerous issues, from back problems to an aching neck. And over time, what start out as mild symptoms can develop into more serious, and even debilitating, conditions.”

For example, lower back pain is one of the leading causes of disability.

“People working at a computer slouch, they slump with their heads leaning forward, they don’t take breaks,” Alexander says. “None of that is conducive to good health.”

He says some of the typical conditions full-time work leads to and ways to alleviate the pain include:
• Back problems. About 80 percent of the U.S. population suffers from back problems, making that one of the more common ailments people face. That percentage could seem high until you realize just about every full-time job – not just those that involve heavy lifting – can cause stress to the back. For those tied to a desk and computer all day, one way to alleviate some of the pain and problems is to be sure to maintain good posture and to use a chair that supports your back. Getting away from the computer periodically also helps.
• Neck and shoulder problems. Sedentary jobs really can be a pain in the neck, not to mention the shoulders. Jobs that require repetitive motions – which can include factory jobs or working a cash register – also can be detrimental to the neck and shoulders. As with back problems, proper posture can help. So can taking breaks.
• Hip and knee problems. Sitting for hours on end isn’t the only thing that can give rise to work-related maladies. Many people, such as restaurant workers, nurses and flight attendants, are on their feet all day. They may experience knee and hip problems from all that standing and walking. Comfortable shoes and good posture can help, as can orthopedic care.

“The physical difficulties people suffer at work are going to vary depending on the type of job you do and your particular constitution,” Alexander says. “But regardless of what’s ailing you, regular medical care is important to being able to treat the underlying problem and to staying healthy.”

7 comments:

Gerrison said...

I also hated going to work every day, so I started thinking about finding an online job. I have a lot of different skills in the field of education and now I am successfully working as a curriculum compiler and get a decent salary. I no longer have to get ready for work in the early morning and rush. I just turn on my laptop and start making money. To find out more about the job take a look here https://writingcreek.com/curriculum-jobs/.

Daniel58 said...

Nowadays, many people want to change jobs but don't know how to do it correctly. In addition, many people are currently suffering from a lack of money, because there are real problems with employment all over the world. Regardless, I would like to say that you can find resume writing service at this link https://www.resumeble.com/ and this service will help you, like me, to write a competent resume for employment at your dream job. If you are really interested in this, you can use this service.

adam103haynes said...

I understand your doubt and I had also been in hesitation like you. A few months ago I suffered from constant headache and I feel stress every day, so I needed to find some remedy to resolve this problem. My sister has advised me to visit https://www.cornbreadhemp.com/full-spectrum-cbd-oil/ to recover my well-being and do not feel nervous. I followed her advice and I feel more energy now then before and I haven’t any pain in my head anymore. If you still endure this sickness you can try this remedy and verify how it affects on your body.

AronBrown said...

This offer is great. However, I thought about a new job for a long time, but then decided to find something extremely other. Therefore, I sincerely hope that somebody will leave here convenient source with lots of vacancies. 

Anonymous said...

I hate my job so much that it seems to me that all my illnesses are due to it. But I don't want to be looking for work again now, it's difficult and tiring.

Anonymous said...

I thought about it for a long time and my work really brought me physical pain already, so when I started looking for a new job, I really felt better, my country doesn't offer the best conditions and opportunities for development in the IT field. The problem was solved thanks to relocateme, where I found DevOps jobs with relocation assistance. This is a great opportunity for me. Moving with the help of a company, as well as not having to worry about finding a job, is the best solution.

anna2 said...

thank you