Friday, January 15, 2016
Introducing FJ FreeStyle: Unleash Your Power
(RELEASE) - FootJoy, the #1 Shoe in Golf, introduces a radically new category of golf shoes, called FreeStyle, highlighted by unique technology specifically designed to deliver exceptional traction, mobility and comfort.
FreeStyle shoes help generate maximum power by providing greater freedom of movement throughout the golf swing.
“FreeStyle is arguably FootJoy’s most imaginative and distinctive shoe ever and will particularly help golfers who would benefit from increased freedom of movement when swinging the golf club,” said Doug Robinson, FJ Vice President of Design and Development Worldwide. “By drawing inspiration from a tree frog and emulating their incredible grip and flexibility properties in the texture and functional elements of an outsole, our design and development team has created something truly unique in the golf shoe market.”
While FreeStyle allows for a more natural movement, the shoe doesn’t compromise on grip – a crucial factor in generating more power. The inspiration for this supreme grip comes from a Red-Eyed Tree Frog who generates incredible gripping power on any surface; hence the birth of F.R.O.G.S. outsole technology, where traction elements increase ground contact points throughout the swing in all weather and underfoot conditions.
F.R.O.G.S. Technology incorporates a super-flexible new SoftMax translucent outsole that offers both a softer feel and extra grip, while a new FTF 3.0 midsole compound is the brand’s softest and most comfortable yet. The Softspikes Tour Lock system and new translucent Pulsar cleats deliver exceptional low-profile grip with a dynamic, frog-like flex.
Beneath the upper is an InnerSok Fit System - including both TongueLok and HeelLok mechanisms – to help hold the foot securely in place throughout the golf swing.
FREESTYLE KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- The F.R.O.G.S. outsole (FJ's Revolutionary Outsole Grip System) is constructed utilizing SoftMax molded translucent rubber delivering soft cushioning and complete mobility. The Pulsar cleats feature dynamic cushioning and green-friendly traction.
- New translucent and super-flexible SoftMax outsole provides a softer feel and extra grip;
- New FTF 3.0 midsole compound, FootJoy’s softest yet, delivers outstanding underfoot cushioning
- Softspikes Tour Lock system delivers a low-profile and high-retention receptacle and cleat combination.
- New translucent Pulsar cleats offers dynamic, green-friendly traction.
- Lightweight performance mesh upper delivers incredible comfort, breathability and durability
- The InnerSok system offers an achilles pad for additional support and comfort in the heel counter, while the Tongue-Lok instep grip ensures additional slip-resistant fit in a key location under the tongue;
- L4 BOA Lacing System with translucent dial provides the ultimate fit;
- 2 year Waterproof Warranty.
Natural Motion & Cushioning
- New midsole compound and construction methods allows for greater torsional flexibility;
- No internal shank encourages maximum freedom of movement and ground contact.
- Navy/Orange/Lime, White/Grey/Charcoal, Black/White/Grey, Grey/Green/Navy, Grey/Navy/Berry (Boa), Black/Lime/Grey (Boa)
MSRP: $190/$210 Boa Closure System
Availability: February, 2016
For more information, visit www.footjoy.com/freestyle or follow the brand on Twitter or Instagram at @FootJoy.